xisto Community
Soby

Start Over?

I've been a hosted member here for sometime but due to some work that I have to tend to, I am unable to cope up with credits here. I tried to keep up with posting here but seeing the upcoming days, I don't think I could frequent here that much. There is a possibility that I can finish up early and be back here but seeing that my account is getting into negative numbers here, I don't want to take the chance of getting back and see my self at a high negative number. So what I am asking here is that, is that possible that I am transfered back to the non hosted members category and then I can start over when I am back here. If this is a possibility then please I would be delighted if this request is dealt with accordingly.Waiting earnestly for a follow up to this question.Thanks for the wonderful community and the services you people are providing here. We, the people at Xisto can never thank you enough.

is that possible that I am transferred back to the non hosted members category and then I can start over when I am back here

Im assuming you understand that this would mean the loss of your websites files? In which case you can cancel your hosting yourself by going to the web hosting menu at the top of the page and selecting the terminate option. and as it says you will be put back into the "members" group but of curse loose all files and settings on your hosted space. And as far as i know you can re-apply for hosting as soon as you have the credits.

Shadow is correct download any of your files, db's, and anything else and once you do that go here. Just remember once you go non hosted any remaining credits will disappear and you will have like -13000+ credits, but don't worry about that though and then reapply for hosting. Make sure to put a not in your hosting application and drop a pm to the mod or admin about it.

I can backup what I have on my hosting account using the cpanel feature so I don't think that would be a problem for me but about this - 13000 + credits part is the thing I don't understand.Currently I am on a positive number with a small number of days to hold me so when i close my account, will I be automatically reduced to the - 13000 ? PS: Saint Michael, you also typed a + with the number too. What does that indicates. Is it that after closing my hosting account, I would be given either a positive or a negative number? also how come I can't worry when I have that much number of credits to cope up with. Please elaborate on this and kindly post a followup on this, I would appreciate is very much. Thanks.

On reset of 'some' accounts, it is a bug in the system which messes up the number of credits. Do your back-up, terminate your Hosting account and, as Saint Michael says, when you resume posting again, slip the mods a PM to adjust the credit number. It'll all be good.Good luck with your endeavors. And we hope to see you back soon as you are able to join us once more. Best wishes.

Thanks a lot for the clarification evil mod :P was really relieved to see that easiness that you've given the members here. Hopefull I'll be back within a week or so or a little more time than that.