xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolcat50

Php Text Editor

Is there any possible way using XML and PHP that you could create a text editor that can save files in your documents and also make a hotlink to your site. Much like a online notepad. I would like to know how I would make on of these and whether or not MySQL or XML would be a good language to use for storing data.My current idea deals with only PHP and iframes. It really isn't an editor though, more like a notes page. I would like a way though to be able to create a database with info stored from the PHP script which and be able to save to your hard drive.Also, is it possible to use a combination of Javascript and PHP to create a scientfic calculator.Thank you for reading.

Well i think it would be possible to create the online text editor, the problems arise when having rich text options like underlines and font colours as to do that you wuld need a lot of JS and then need to learn how to format it correctly for text-editing programs to be able to read it.For a start you would obviously need a form with the filename and then the file content fields and then the PHP would have to check it for malicious codes and such but still allow all characters to be used. You can then save it either as a file on the web server or in a database. Then you an use JS or PHP to prompt the user to download the newly created file.It wouldnt be too difficult but it wouldnt be able to automatically save the file to your "my documents" folder, the user would have to manually download it. Google has a very good version of this type of system, i think its called "google documents" or something, you can edit almost any file including word documents and excel files online and access them anywhere and download them. Very useful!As for the scientific calculator it would be possible so long as you know the formulas, then you can just use JS to carry out the calculations, it wouldnt be hard so long as you know the formulas of the different calculations.