xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

Buying Xbox 360 Next Month.

I'm thinking about buying a xbox 360, full my cash, I got my corvette for my birthday last month, and getting my my license back soon, so I don't have a use for this money I was saving up for a car.. I just need a hundred more dollars, which I'll have by next month (I usually only get $100 a month, as I usually save some for college each month, and gas, and clothes and food) so hopefully I can get a xbox 360. I plan on getting halo 3 as my first game, I heard xbox 360 comes with 1 month of xbox live is this right? Also, for xbox live, what do I NEED besides xbox 360, (like does it work with wireless, or do i need a usb cable?) also, as controllers what are some good ones? I'm thinking about getting the plain white wireless ones as I guess those are cheapest so ya. Also what are some games that are great for xbox 360? I'll probably get halo 3, and madden or nhl or something like that... Anybody know of anything real good for xbox360?

For xbox live, you can get a wireless adapter but i heard they dont work well. You should probably get an ethernet cable long enough to connect to your router or cable modem. You might also want to get a headset so you can talk to people online. I am not sure if the xbox comes with 1 month of live. You should ask the guy working.The basic wireless controllers are probably the best. You can get some wired ones with pretty long cords for cheaper i believe. Deffinatley get Halo 3. As for other games, it all depends on what you like. I think you will have most fun with Halo 3 though.Also, congrats on the corvette. That's awesome.

Just a word of advice, get the pro version. The core is a big rip-off, as it is 100 dollars cheaper but all the equipment you don't get with it, that you would get with pro is worth more than 100 dollars. And, there is a halo version of the xbox that is currently out right now, but I think that is like 379.99 or something. But, again make sure you get the pro...

That's a good idea, I love my Xbox 360. For Live you need a Cat-5 cable (Ethernet cable) for a wired connection, or a wireless adapter (costing $80-100 for the Microsoft 360 Brand Name one). And Halo 3 would be a good choice because that is pretty much what everyone is playing right now.

The xbox 360 is defiantley a good buy today. You can now get the premium verison for around $350, which is highly recommend. The premium verison is like $70 more and it comes with wireless controller, hardrive, headset, ethernet cable, and now they have even added hdmi to there new premium 360's. If your looking for some games to get halo 3 is defiantley up there and is a must have if your a halo fan. I would also use look for games that you like, there are alot of good ones out there. I was disappointed in the madden 08 for the 360. I am a huge madden fan and in the 08 verison they got rid of tournment mode which is a big deal to me and if you play 2 player on a single xbox you can see every play that your opponent picks, because you only use A to pick your play instead of the traditional A,X,Y,B. All in all though you wont be disappointed when you buy the 360 and get halo 3 because thats a perfect matchup right there.

Thanks, I was looking at best buy, since i have like a couple gift cards for there, i was looking online at least, it looks like they only sell premium? at least only like 1-2 different kinds of xbox 360s. I saw the halo 3 version of the xbox 360, it looks cool but idk if i wanna pay more just to have that, otherwise, it looks like the only other one they sell is the white xbox 360, about $350. Imma look again, but I think that is the premium. Also, does it come with a basic warrenty? or do I have to buy one? My friend told me I should get at least a 1 year warrenty incase of the red ring. Im looking at the bestbuy site its being updated, but ill look again later. I know definatly halo 3 im getting for sure, I have a wii and a ps2, so I don't really need any more sports games like madden 07-08 as I have them for ps2 and wii, but im thinking about maybe hockey as i played a hockey game with my friend, and it was awesome. I think the main reason for getting xbox 360, at least for me, is halo 3 and online play.edit: yea, im almost pretty positive its the premium. It includes component HDAV cable, composite AV cable and Ethernet connectivity cable. I'm just wondering, because my room, has a TV, smaller then hell, so I probably will just have my ps2 hooked up to that, and I have my parents room, which i don't hook anything up to, and thats all on the second floor of my house, my computer room is like on the opposite end of the house then my really nice tv, and my other tvs. I'm wondering, i don't think itll ever be a problem, but i think I wanna try like hooking the thing up to my laptop? Since I have a router, I wondering if that would work, if not, I can always just bring my TV from the basement that nobody uses up to the computer room, which actually now that I think about it, it'll be a little better. IDK I'll figure it out when I get it. Also I saw that gears of war is a great game, has anybody played it before?

Edited by nol (see edit history)