xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

"helium", A Writing Site Helium.com

While Helium.com is hardly a get-rich-QUICK site, if you are capable of producing professional quality writing about technical/life-applicable topics, or have a lot of free time you'd like to use in a somewhat productive fashion, Helium may be the site for you. Here's how it works:Helium will actually pay you for articles based on page views, although it's determined in cents. It's very tough to earn money this way, even though articles can keep earning you money once written, and since Helium only pays once you reach $25 in your Account, that can take a long time. However, there are other, better ways to earn money on Helium. They have two sections called "Marketplace" and "Contests" which allow users to earn money quickly. The Marketplace is where Publishers basically have writing contests for articles they need written. They say what the topic is, and then Helium users write about the topic. Whoever is chosen at the end gets the reward, which can be as little as $15 or as much as $200. In the Contests section, you can see the contests regularly held by Helium, covering a wide range of article topics. Other users rank articles via Helium's rating system (which doesn't allow you to choose what articles you see for ranking) and the articles ranked the highest count towards a points total determining who wins the Contests. Contest prizes are $75 for 1st place, $25 for 2nd place, $10 for 3rd place, and $5 for 4th, 5th, or 6th place.Helium can be a good way to earn money, but only for a select few quality writers capable of writing on topics requiring life knowledge and experience.

Hey there! Interestingly enough, I was just reading about Helium someplace else on the internet, and i decided to pay their site a visit. I almost joined and began writing, but I decided that it would be wise to first do some research on the company and how it pays its members. I visited various sites where Helium's users would give their testimonies on their experiences, and more often that not, the consensus was that the website severely underpays its members based on the amount of work that they put it. One user went as far as saying that he wrote one-hundred seventy articles, only to find himself make roughly twenty-five U.S dollars thus far. On the contrary, though, there were people who managed to make as much as a thousand dollars, although they did put a genuine extreme effort into their work. Now, I'm not trying to force my opinions on anyone here, but to me it only makes sense that a person who truly does posses a talent in blogging or writing articles should start their own site, and make money off of advertising and so forth, especially for all of those potential bloggers here at Xisto, where they have an excellent opportunity to start their own sites today.

True, again, it is very tough to make money on Helium without professional writing skills. The only way to make money fast on it is by winning contests or writing for publishers, which means competing against other users. Otherwise, it will take a LONG time to accumulate money, which is why I tried to stress that in my post.

There are a bunch of sites out there that will pay you to post articles, and the payment is supposed to be based on the quality of the article and the number of times it is downloaded.

There are so many people trying to gain SEO credits for their websites or blogs that the quality of the articles is really pretty poor.

I went to several of these sites and the quality of the posts left something to be desired.

Like everything else in the world of SEO, people are so desperate to promote their site, blog, product, that they don't even use spellcheckers and tools that are readily available to help with their writing and posting.

Helium is a bit better quality than the others, but don't expect something for nothing if you don't know how to write and post an article!

http://ww42.leflora.com/

Another great site for making money, is associatedcontent.com It's along the same lines as helium, but a little more transparent - they pay you roughly $1.50 per thousand views of your article, and some articles can get a lot of views if they're on a popular topic, you can also get upfront payment if you submit original content and they decide it's worth buying, but it's gotta be good.