xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Any Of You Guys Listen To Linkin Park? crap MTV

thought that maybe the reason why I disliked them and most of the crap MTV and the Radio plays, was due to the fact I'm in my late 20's, out of touch so to speak. Then I talked to my 12 year old cousin, he also agrees it all sucks. To be honest, these days I find out about new bands I may like through the records companies I like: Earache, Metal Blade, Roadrunner, Victory, etc. Also, the guy from Linkin park that always wears the huge headphones while playing the guitar/bass is GAY... Also, to all rock/metal/hard rock bands, please stop including DJ's in your lineups

I do listen to Linkin Park. They are the different sound that have actually been able to survive in this environment.

Linkin' Park rox... my girlfriend loves it... and I'm adding some of his songs too my cellphone for her... ;)... she doesn't know it yet... but she will know about it on friday ;)... i wish i can upload a mp3 to my cellphone... but just the beginning because there is no space at my cellphone to add mp3s... I don't know what is mp3 for if the cellphones only come with 1.5mb +-...

Iv got to agree with you there kvarnerexpress, dont worry its not coz your out of touch I also as a 16 year old do not like Linkin Park, I used to then they did that crappy Jay-Z thing, and I also hate rock bands that include DJ's but at least Linkin Park play there instruments unlike other nameless 'Rock' bands cough..... Busted....... cough.

Ehhh...I'm not a Linkin Park fan by any means. I used to have their first CD before I heard "One Step Closer" for the millionth time...then it just became too much for me. If you read their lyrics, they actually write the same song over and over again...all this whining and crying about being neglected and the whatnot...very sickening...As for the DJ thing, I think some bands can incorporate them and still sound good. A good example is Incubus. Listen to the song "Battlestar Scralatchtica"--you'll understand!

i hate linkin park and most of the stuff on mainstream radio. Most of the songs sound like their the same song, made over and over again., not just linkin park, but all the alt. rock top 40 stuff. like this...read these crappy lyrics.

Restless tonight
Cause I wasted the light
Between both these times
I drew a really thin line
It�s nothing I planned
And not that I can
But you should be mine
Across that line

[Chorus:]
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing
Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing
Wouldn�t that be something

thats by finger eleven. Christ. Bull****.

listen to WFMU. It's a good freeform station

I like Linkin Park and I had the chance to see them live during their recent Project Revolution tour. Korn, Snoop Dogg, The Used, and Less Than Jake were also there. Likin Park headlined. Linkin Park is sooo good live. They are one of the tightest (most together) bands that I have ever seen. Although their music is very simple it is also very powerful and moving.I also really like the MTV Mash-Up with Linkin Park and Jay Z. I thought that what they did was interesting and refreshing.

I used to listen to Linkin Park, but then a grew a penis. Not that I recommend categorizing yourself in to any, and cliche, stereo-type of music listener, I'd recommend listening to "Tool" over "Linkin Park" anyday. Personally, I listen to everything. And lots of artists you'll probably never hear about, that make lots of better music than the crap the American Marketing Machine can throw at you. Linkin Park is no less than Britney Spears or Jay Z. It's all the same *BLEEP*. Music with no substance, no real lyrics; it's all marketing. Rarely does a good band appear in the mainstream media as an original and stay that way. Like Korn, they were amazing. Keyword: were. Until money clouded their musical nature and made them come out with a train-wreck of a new album, only to make more money. If you think Linkin Park is ground-breaking, intuative, and the pinnacle of rock musical acts, then you seriously have to re-evaluate what you get out of life. The only real musical talent in that group is Mr. Hahn.

Good record label to start off with: http://ninjatune.net/home

This is a message to everyone. Listen to what you want to listen to. There will always be forces pushing and pulling you towards all sorts of stuff. The key is to LISTEN to the music and find out for YOURSELF what you think. And always try to approach new music with an open mind. In this way you will less likely filter out music that you could potentially love.