xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
petsecia

What Is Your Favorite Cat Breed

Siamese Is there any other breed? My Fonzie was the light of my life and a more loveable cat you would never find. Everybody who met him, liked him. He was not your average aloof Siamese at all, but ran to greet people when they came to visit. Sigh, I miss him so. :)

We've got a Russian Blue called "Vlad The Impaler" or "Vladimir Putin" for short. :) He was quite a hand full when he was younger and it's a good thing we've got lots of room for him to run and be crazy, but now that he's older, he's mellowed with his maturity and even has something of a goatee and mane. At 16+ pounds he's on the larger side for a domestic altered male. If the boys were to die tomorrow, though, I think I'd buy or acquire a pair of male Pixie-Bobs. The Pixie-Bob breed is a newer breed made to resemble a wild bobcat in appearance without the need to feed them an expensive diet of raw meat and worry about them shredding any visitors or their dogs who may come around. The mature male of the breed will weigh anywhere from 25 to 35 pounds and they seem to be more trainable then most other domestics. They'll walk on a leash, use the toilet, fetch, and generally obey commands much like a dog. I wonder if they could be trained to be "attack cats"... ?

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

I like most the Turkish Angora cat, it's really neat :P If the character is the most important for me, I could choose the Persian Cat. I've never got a cat, but if I can, I gonna do it some day B)

Cats are adorable and it does not matter their breed. I think long haired cats are BEAUTIFUL, but I would rather own short haired cats for obvious, shedding reasons. But, cats that are mixes can be the cutest and the most unique, so it doesn't matter what breed for me. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE cats!

Siamese Is there any other breed? My Fonzie was the light of my life and a more loveable cat you would never find. Everybody who met him, liked him. He was not your average aloof Siamese at all, but ran to greet people when they came to visit. Sigh, I miss him so. :lol:

I think soo ^^/ Siamese cat is lovely >//////< and I like persian cat tooo ^^/

I've always been partial to your average joe house cat. They tend to have wonderful natures.Recently we lost out 17 year old moggy, Snowy, who had to be put down because of a tumour. Earlier this week we got our second cat, Frankie, another good old house cat. He may be 7, but you should see the heights he can jump.However I used to have a good facination for Turkish Vans and Agoras

i've never had a preference for a breed, but if you were to press me I would probably say that Siamese cats are most aesthetically appealing to me :D Also, I've had a siamese cat before so I guess I'm biased in some way. Also, I've always been attracted to black cats for some reason. I recall when i was about 12 or 13 years old I would periodically go to the animal shelter with my dad, just out of my affinity for animals. My mom doesn't like going to shelters though, because they're depressing to her, and she works with animals on a daily basis. Anyway, I remember finding a pregnant black female cat in one of the cages in the cat room, and my heart melted completely. Of course because we already had so many dogs at home, I didn't take her home that particular day, I decided to wait and speak to my parents at home about it first. Unfortunately, when I went back to the shelter to adopt her, she wasn't there anymore... and I remember crying about it because although I don't want to believe or think that this may have happened, its probably the grim reality... she was probably euthanized :/

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)

My cats have no breed but I think that i would like to have a persian chinchilla or a ragdoll. The forest norwegian and the maine coon are also beautiful cats. Do you have a favorite cat breed to?

Why do people think about breeds? That's not so important! I prefer cats with no breeds - mongrels! Mongrels are really cool. They are so lovely, healthy and also very clever. Persian and such cats get spoiled easily, you have to comb them every day, keep them in the house... Mongrels are outdoor and indoor cats - great for all kinds of people. Children, adults and also elderly and lonely people. Mongrels rule!

I believe my most fav would have to be the cat. There free willed, open mined and don't give a hoot as to what others think.I have alway had a cat , I have tryed a few time to get a dog but they alway stinks.

Siamese and Burmese cats are my favorite.I like indoor cats, they are good to look after and they are very playful. They also listen LOLThey are easy maintenance when they are indoors, they don't get messy and they don't get sick.It's best to look after them well or they can get annoying, treating them with fresh food is the best thing. I have a Siamese cat myself, it loves leftover chicken, sometime we even give it fresh chicken on the day we have it for lunch or something.These two breeds of cats also like to get to know people. Normally they sniff the scent of a person who is new to fully get to know them. My cat sniffs me to identify who I am. They are very smart cats. Also age can live up to 25 years I think, depending on how you treat them. Mine is 14 hopefully it gets to 20 and beyond :)

Ive always been very fond of the Russian Blue, haven't owned one yet, but will defianately get one in the future when the occasion permits. Im renting at the moment and no pets are allowed.

My cats have no breed but I think that i would like to have a persian chinchilla or a ragdoll. The forest norwegian and the maine coon are also beautiful cats. Do you have a favorite cat breed to?

i dont have cats but if i have a chance to have a cats i will choose a Kurilian bobtail breed,
i like he looks of that cats its so cudly :)