xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevethedog

Upgrading Account At 30 Hosting Credits

Hello all,I'm getting to the stage where I require extra memory and in time bandwidth. I understand this is available once you are above 30 hosting credits but how does it come about?Once you have reached this milestone does it automatically upgrade your account or is there something we are required to do? What then happens if you go into this additional memory/bandwidth and you the slip below the 30 days hosting credits?Thanks for your time.stevethedog

Im not sure how you upgrade but it doesnt happen automatically, there is a process to go through but i dont know it, i just know its not automatic

What then happens if you go into this additional memory/bandwidth and you the slip below the 30 days hosting credits?

Im not exactly sure what you mean but this might help, with the 3O credit package it works the same as the 1O credit package so when you reach zero credits your hosting is suspended and when you get above zero it comes back, you can go below 3O credits s long as you stay above zero, is that what you meant?

It's kind of what I meant. What happens though if you are using more than the memory you receive with the normal 10 credit package as you were in the 30 credit package but you then fall between 0 & 30 credits. Does your account get suspended or do you have until you fall below 0 again.This isn't the important thing just now anyway, I need to get up to 30 credits first & find out how I can upgrade.I'm wanting to install the small machines discussion board on my site which requires 40 or so MB.Thanks,std

but you then fall between 0 & 30 credits. Does your account get suspended or do you have until you fall below 0 again.

Nah your account remains active and is completely unaffected until you get below zero credits

I'm wanting to install the small machines discussion board on my site which requires 40 or so MB.

4OMB?! Wow thats big! Wait till Jlhaslip sees this, i guarantee AEF is suggested!

Hello all,
I'm getting to the stage where I require extra memory and in time bandwidth. I understand this is available once you are above 30 hosting credits but how does it come about?

Once you have reached this milestone does it automatically upgrade your account or is there something we are required to do? What then happens if you go into this additional memory/bandwidth and you the slip below the 30 days hosting credits?

Thanks for your time.

stevethedog

You have to put in a request for the upgrade, and you would go here to fill out the form, and once the admin approve it they will reset your hosting credits to 2, and upgrade your account without losing anything or suffering any downtime. Your account won't get suspended until you go below 0 credits, and so you can have 10 credits in the default package without having any problems.