xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

In General, What Do You Think Of Nintendo? The DS, N64, GameCube, etc.

I'll admit that the Nintendo 64 was the first gaming console that I ever got. I loved Nintendo but then I got an XBox. I learned that the XBox was the best console but I always played my N64 once in a while. Now with that GameCube that has to go down to $99.99 w/ a game to get bought; it makes Nintendo look bad. Now with the "new" Nintendo DS out-well-to tell you the truth it's not really that new. Yeah, it has 2 screens but it has the same exact games as all of the other Nintendo Consoles. Nintendo is just making more consoles so that you could waste your money; I mean, it's not like anything new comes with the consoles. And don't say the N-Gage is a phone because it's pretty bad. ._.

I think that nintendo must get out of the childish games and go to mature games or they will go down the drain yet they alway have a chance, and the reason y they stay with old characters is because they had the most success.

i like Nintendo and a lot of their games are god. I have a DS an N64 and a Gamecube and i really like them all, i dont care that the Gamecube is cheap now it just means that more people can enjoy the games for it. I hope the Revolution turns out good as well

sony sukz they are only greedy and went in to this market so they cound take more money from real gamers do u see what they did :) ! they made gaming in too DVD systems not consoles! :)

That's just your opinion, thomas4. Not everyone sees things the same way you do. Modifying someones reputation simply because they disagree with you is childish and stupid.Are you saying that Sony sucks because they are trying to make money? Wow, what a concept - a company trying to earn profits.

sony sukz they are only greedy and went in to this market so they cound take more money from real gamers do u see what they did :) ! they made gaming in too DVD systems not consoles!  :)

66114[/snapback]

Every company pretty much tries to make money with out money how could they produce goods? And making the PS2 play DVDs was a good decision by Sony as it helped DVDs become more widespread

Oh dear, don't get me started...a friend of mine has a gaming forum, where I ranted for the longest time about how Nintendo's dying...maybe I'll post it later...

Okay, here it is(sorry for double-post, but I can't edit):Anyways, I've posted this on a bajillion different forums, including my own, but I nevr get tired of sharing. So here's my thoughts on Nintendo.Nintendo is THE absolute best game software company there is. The problem is, they suck with hardware. Well, that's one of the problems. The other problem is that they're starting to get lazy (or maybe not lazy, just tired maybe?)Anyways, I honestly do not think that a single piece of hardware Nintendo has made since the SNES is very good. Now, I know what you're saying, the Gamecube rocks, and I have one, and I really do like it, but it, and half of Nintendo's other systems, are just not as good as they could be. It seems like Nintendo is always a step behind, DVD compatibility, handheld backlight, system hard drive, that kinda thing. Oh, and the DS is crap.That said, let's move on to some of the newer software. I must say that Nintendo has absolutely killed Mario sterb026.gif 1232.gif , their mascot, in his 3d games. Paper Mario was good, and the GBA games were good. Zelda: Wind Waker was also a disappointment. While a good game, it was definitely not as good as other Zelda games, and they tried to take a leap with the cel-shading, which resulted in Link not looking as awesome as he should.Nintendo and other companies making games for Nintendo have come out with some pretty great things though too. The Mario games on GBA have been really good lately. Metroid Prime 2, while having a terribly sad multiplayer, was REALLY good in single player. I also just beat Resident Evil 4. That, so far, is my favorite Resident Evil game ever.Basically, what it comes down to, is, Nintendo, every now and then, whips out an amazing game (can't wait for the new Zelda, Metroid Prime, and MegaMan Battle Network.), but they just can't keep it steady. I bought a gamecube for 200 bucks when they first came out (which, by the way, can get you a ps2 and a gc today) and I've gotten some pretty good times out of it, but overall I'd say it was a waste of my money. Not only did I simply pay too much, but I bought the wrong system. I have about 30-40 GC games, and they're all good, but that's about as many as you'll get, compared to the PS2 (Xbox is worse than GC though). That's about the number of good games there are for GBA as well.I personally think that Nintendo should quit making game systems (they're already in the hol) with the fall of GC and DS coming up), and just sit on the side and make games for the competition, like Sega did. Then not only would we only have the good Sega games (Phantasy Star Online, Sonic, etc.), but we'd also have the good Nintendo games (Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, etc.) on only good systems. And then Xbox should die too, but only because it's not getting any good games whatsoever. (Xbox is a really good system, totally underrated)The only problem then, would be for Sony to make that freaking playstation controller a little more visually pleasing. As a matter of fact, the whole system.Those are my thoughts on Nintendo now.*And here I was just gonna post a short little fling about 2 sentences long...

yeah i have to say the original nes will always be number one so many game to play from and most have hours of replay i still play them on my computer and still have the skills to beat the games but who in this forum knows that about 800+ original nes have been made thats alot fo freakn games to play but hey i still play them reguadless super nintendo i had a brief stint with the system games were ok didn't like the controller n64 graphics and thats about it everything else blows chunky cheese thank you. :)

Nentindo Was the best game around lol i useda have one of the old ones when ya had to put the game in from the front i loved supermario brothers and Duck Hunt who could forget them games :)

Hmm...do I like Nintendo? Well I own the gameboys all up to the sp, I own a gamecube and I play them quite often. So yeah, you could say that I like Nintendo, it's because they rock so much and have really good games. And what do people mean by childish, those people are just fools in my opinion. I also own a ps1 and ps2 so I know the difference between Sony and Nintendo and they are both amazing :).

I hate Nintendo, everything since the N64 has been lame. I hate the way they just... are! With thier flashy little gaming things and so on. I'm for Sony 100%. And the only good games on the N64 were WorldCup 98 and GoldenEye. Humph. Glad to get that off my chest :)

I think that nintendo must get out of the childish games and go to mature games or they will go down the drain yet they alway have a chance, and the reason y they stay with old characters is because they had the most success.

64880[/snapback]

In my last post I did not mean to offend any one that enjoys sonys games, but i'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. Also when I said that they needed to get out of childish games I ment not to include Metroid, Zelda, Fox or maybe Pokemon & Mario. And Spectre .... your right it is that I expected Nintendo to do the same and I was pissed of at the fact THEY DID NOT PUT A DAM DVD PLAYER IN THIS THING! so I tryed to stand for them.