xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the-artistic-bunch

The Red Badge Of Courage Disscussion

Title and Publication: The Red Badge of Courage was published by D. Appleton and Company in 1895, about thirty years after the Civil War ended.Author: Stephen CraneThis book, set in the south during the US Civil War, is about a young man, Henry Flemming, eager to experence the glory of war. As the first encounter with the enemy approaches, Henry wonders if he will be brave in the face of battle. In fact, he does panic and flee in an early encounter. This experience sets him on a journey of self-discovery, as he struggles with his conscience and re-examines his opinions about war, friendship, courage, and life. This book was very revoulotional for its time (1895), and it will probebly be an American Clasic for a while to come. Has anyone read this book before?

I read an EDITION of it. I think it was for young readers or something. Good book, and i think i'd want to read the original because the peoplez said that the edition i read was missing alot. Great story of war and all that stuff, even though i'm not much for that genre.