xisto Community
bishoujo

Need Advice On Online Merchants

I'm going to sell some stuff and I need advice on which online merchant is suitable for me and reliable.I am based in Singapore and would like to be able to withdraw money to a local bank or check to Singapore. Minimum requirement should preferably not be too high. I know http://www.epay.vg/ only allows withdrawals through check after a minimum sum of 49USD and that's a bit too high for me.My potential clients are international and some may be too young to have credit cards, so preferably the online merchant should offer depositing methods other than credit card.Absolutely no Paypal for me. They freezed my account just because I share the same residential address with my brother, whose account is having some problems and it wasn't even his fault.And if you recommend egold, please tell me how it works. Do my clients just sign up with one of those egold converters, buy egold and send it to my egold account? Or do they have to set up an egold account, find an egold converter, buy egold, top up their account and then send the egold to me? That would be way too troublesome!I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

Paypal would sure be easiest. I would suggest that you solve the problem and try PayPal again, explain to them your situation. You won't get much off others as eGold. PayPal is the #1 on the internet now, otherwise you can do cash orders.

Hello bishoujo,

Below is a list of a few companies and a very short description of each, which I hope should help you make your decision. You can click the Merchant Name for more information. :P

CertaPay - Allows online banking consumers to send and receive payments to anyone with an email address.

e-gold - e-gold is a digital gold currency operated by Gold & Silver Reserve Inc. under e-gold Ltd., and is a system which allows the instant transfer of gold ownership between users. e-gold Ltd. is incorporated in Nevis, Lesser Antilles.

MoneyGram - A service for sending cash electronically which is received within 15 minutes after delivery. Your users can even take cash in to their locations!

Western Union - Just like MoneyGram with a few Different Features

VersaCheck - Recieve checks via Email. Costs money for software and services though. B)

And if you recommend egold, please tell me how it works. Do my clients just sign up with one of those egold converters, buy egold and send it to my egold account? Or do they have to set up an egold account, find an egold converter, buy egold, top up their account and then send the egold to me? That would be way too troublesome!

You fund your e-gold account with a credit card. You use "gold" to pay other people, so I think you would have to have an account, but I don't know right now because the e-gold site is down. :)

You may also consider using SMS or Pay By Phone. Surfpin offers Micropayment services, where users from all over the work send money to you by Short Message Service via Cell Phone, or Over the Phone.

Hope this helps! If you want a specific type, please ask me and I will try and find it for you. :D

Also, do you need an online store? :D If so, I can find you software for that too.

Thanks a lot for your help and effort! Some of these aren't exactly applicable for me because of the limitation in country and financial institution, but at least some of my customers will have more choices.

I was wondering if you know anything about AlertPay.com? It is supposedly similar to Paypal, though not as popular.

About my Paypal problem, they expect my brother to solve his issues before they will unlock my account. Now I can only receive money but I can't make any payments. wtf? They just want to earn money with my account. And my brother can't solve his issues as he didn't create them in the first place. To be frank, this is not the first time paypal created problems for me. The last time someone sent me a payment for 500, they locked my account for some stupid reason, and only unlocked it after a month of emails and phonecalls. I could go on a tirade on the stupid company, but this is not the place. So anyway, no paypal for me.

Hello bishoujo,

Below is a list of a few companies and a very short description of each, which I hope should help you make your decision. You can click the Merchant Name for more information. :P

CertaPay - Allows online banking consumers to send and receive payments to anyone with an email address.

e-gold - e-gold is a digital gold currency operated by Gold & Silver Reserve Inc. under e-gold Ltd., and is a system which allows the instant transfer of gold ownership between users. e-gold Ltd. is incorporated in Nevis, Lesser Antilles.

MoneyGram - A service for sending cash electronically which is received within 15 minutes after delivery. Your users can even take cash in to their locations!

Western Union - Just like MoneyGram with a few Different Features

VersaCheck - Recieve checks via Email. Costs money for software and services though. B)

You fund your e-gold account with a credit card. You use "gold" to pay other people, so I think you would have to have an account, but I don't know right now because the e-gold site is down. :)

You may also consider using SMS or Pay By Phone. Surfpin offers Micropayment services, where users from all over the work send money to you by Short Message Service via Cell Phone, or Over the Phone.

Hope this helps! If you want a specific type, please ask me and I will try and find it for you. :D

Also, do you need an online store? :D If so, I can find you software for that too.

Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

Thanks a lot for your help and effort! Some of these aren't exactly applicable for me because of the limitation in country and financial institution, but at least some of my customers will have more choices.

I was wondering if you know anything about AlertPay.com? It is supposedly similar to Paypal, though not as popular.

About my Paypal problem, they expect my brother to solve his issues before they will unlock my account. Now I can only receive money but I can't make any payments. wtf? They just want to earn money with my account. And my brother can't solve his issues as he didn't create them in the first place. To be frank, this is not the first time paypal created problems for me. The last time someone sent me a payment for 500, they locked my account for some stupid reason, and only unlocked it after a month of emails and phonecalls. I could go on a tirade on the stupid company, but this is not the place. So anyway, no paypal for me.

Uh, I never heard of it lol. :) I looked it up for you though, and found the following background information from the website:

Yeah, it does seem to be much like Paypal, besides it seems your users would have to have an account, but you don't though.. :P

Some Fees and Prices -- BASIC PERSONAL ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN - Receive Fee: $1.00 per transaction) - Personal Account

PREMIUM ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN ? Receive Fee: 2.5% + $0.25 per transaction) - Personal and Business Account

SECURED ACCOUNT: (FREE TO OPEN - Receive Fee: 3.9% + $0.59 per transaction) - Business Account

Can accept Accept credit card and bank payments (Business Accounts only), and Online

Earn up to $10 a refferal :D

Safe, Secure and Easy to use for your customers

Direct link to AlertPay Website

Well I was reeading your topic and I found few things interesting that you will offer mechendise at low price ranges and that your usual customers would be persons younng and most plausable without credit card. That is the reason why I think that the best way to demand payment over the mobile phone there are many such services and payment is by check as far as I am familiar with such services. And those who would like to buy such equipment from you would need to have enough on their mobile phone account and then just type your specified number that is you gain this data from your service provider for every country and then they pay it to you.I think that it is fairly simple and good. So good luck ins tarting your own busness, may it flourish.