xisto Community
YungOdo

Viewing A Sql

im trying to open up a sql to modify a database but my computer im using is kinda slow and everytime i open it up in wordpad it freezes lol does anybody know a good program or text editor i can use to view sql files?..

An sql file is basically a text file, but the problem is that if the Database gets large, and you do a full data dump, the file gets too big to load into the editor. I've had that before, so what I do on a large database is use phpmyadmin to dump one table at a time for the large tables, and a couple of smaller ones together in the dump.Then you can load the resulting file into the text Editor.I use ConText Editor for many Web tasks because you can open an entire site all at the same time as a 'Project' and do multiple search and replaces at the same time. I've had up to 60 files open at once, and once I loaded an full Database sql file which was huge, and it worked great.Wordpad is not the best editor for large files. It has a small file size limit.