xisto Community
odomike

Cms: Can I Use My Own Custom Template? I really wanna know. Need ya help here

I am quite good with HTML and some of the other Web programming languages, but I am having some difficulty in getting a web portal done. I have thought of using a content management system (CMS) to get the job done. But, one thing I dont like is the themes or do you call that templates, which come installed in them CMS softwares.I wanna know whether I can possibly design my own custom template/theme and then incorporate it into the CMS program...say Mamboo...so that instead of it displaying the default template which was preinstalled, it will now be displaying my own template and it would look more like I designed/developed the whole portal myself.I am meant to develop a web portal for a company and I am having a hell of a trouble with the damn thing.I need help here instanta...

Yes, you can. It depends on which CMS you use to determine how to re-do the layout, but the essential thing is to place the php code into your design and don't miss any parts that matter, especially the stuff the CMS depends on, like security and access checks.Or, another way to go is to look at various softewares which are designed to be "dropped into" your own design. Cutenews comes to mind for that approach, but there are others.

I want the type of CMS that can allow me to build my own template from the scratch. I dont like using templates which someone else made. I would rather code my own template from the scratch and then incorporate it into the CMS. I would go check out this cutenews of your. Time to do some googling.

Here is a link to a Template that is (x)html valid which is an example script found on the Xisto Annex site.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
and another Mock-up based on the same script, except with 'dummy' articles instead.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It shows an Image Rollover effect only, but the Cutenews can also to articles, etc and there are Mods for Calendars, Archives, Contact forms, Comments and many other pre-written scripts that can be included into the Layout/Design you come up with.

Let me know if you want to see the php file which drives the page. I can arrange for a copy to be sent to you or posted here.

:P