xisto Community
anish2000

Vista Rocks Windows Vista Rocks

Vista rocks when you have a descent computer configuration, otherwise it sucks :)

You can't say that... an operating system can't suck or not suck depending on what kind of computer you put it on. The fact taht it needs a computer less than 1 year old to run at all immediately makes it terrible, but all of the bugs and lack of drivers dosn't help it at all. Now I might not have a machine running vista but I already know that no matter what machine you run it on its going to have the same bugs and exploits. I mean the code dosn't change from computer to computer. It's still the same crap no matter where you put it.

Ive had a little look a vista, doesnt run as slow as I though it would.Very prettyfied though.easy to use and network with Xp, might try networkin with a *nix based OS.My only gripe is the fact that you need to have account passwords to access shared folders.

This will be a larger post but here are some key features (Before I get into brief detail) comparing the two operating systems.

VISTA:

CLEANER ICONS

MORE SECURE

READY BOOST

USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

XP:

EASIER NETWORKING

BETTER DRIVER SUPPORT

SUPPORTS MORE APPLICATIONS

MORE SUPPORT AVALIABLE

They are just some basic things associated with the two operating systems.

To choose which version you want of Vista, use the guide below.

Ultimate

Windows Vista Ultimate is the choice for those who want to have it all. Easily shift between the worlds of productivity and play with the most complete edition of Windows Vista. Ultimate provides the power, security, and mobility features needed for work, and all the entertainment features that you want for fun.

Home Premium

Windows Vista Home Premium is the preferred edition for home desktop and mobile PCs. It provides a breakthrough design that brings your world into sharper focus while delivering the productivity, entertainment, and security you need from your PC at home or on the go.

Home Basic

Windows Vista Home Basic is ideal for homes with basic computing needs like e-mail, browsing the Internet, and viewing photos. Easy to set up and maintain, it enables you to quickly find what you're looking for on your PC and the Internet, while providing a more secure environment to help protect you from an unpredictable world.

Business

Windows Vista Business is the first edition of Windows designed specifically to meet the needs of small businesses. You'll spend less time on technology support-related issues-so you can spend more time making your business successful. Windows Vista Business is the definitive choice for your business today and tomorrow.

Enterprise

Designed to significantly lower IT costs and risks, Windows Vista Enterprise meets the needs of large, global organizations with complex IT infrastructures.

I currently just use Vista Home Basic and I think that it is an excellent operating system, and the only other feature that I think is really not given in prioritism which is needed would have to be Media Center.

I also Dual Boot with XP Professional, for all my computing needs when I need to change operating systems, in the likes of drivers not being supported.

Thats the end of my post I hope you've enjoyed reading it.

Edited by bradley908 (see edit history)

i was thinking about getting vista but after reding this my mind has changed i will continue with my xp (x mod) [x mod removes all unneeed things like demo software, extra themes,not wanted/needed processes, rubbish extras and things like toasts and baloons] and i wont bother removing ubuntu either!!

This will be a larger post but here are some key features (Before I get into brief detail) comparing the two operating systems.

VISTA:

CLEANER ICONS

MORE SECURE

READY BOOST

USER ACCOUNT CONTROL

XP:

EASIER NETWORKING

BETTER DRIVER SUPPORT

SUPPORTS MORE APPLICATIONS

MORE SUPPORT AVALIABLE

They are just some basic things associated with the two operating systems.

To choose which version you want of Vista, use the guide below.

Ultimate

Windows Vista Ultimate is the choice for those who want to have it all. Easily shift between the worlds of productivity and play with the most complete edition of Windows Vista. Ultimate provides the power, security, and mobility features needed for work, and all the entertainment features that you want for fun.

Home Premium

Windows Vista Home Premium is the preferred edition for home desktop and mobile PCs. It provides a breakthrough design that brings your world into sharper focus while delivering the productivity, entertainment, and security you need from your PC at home or on the go.

Home Basic

Windows Vista Home Basic is ideal for homes with basic computing needs like e-mail, browsing the Internet, and viewing photos. Easy to set up and maintain, it enables you to quickly find what you're looking for on your PC and the Internet, while providing a more secure environment to help protect you from an unpredictable world.

Business

Windows Vista Business is the first edition of Windows designed specifically to meet the needs of small businesses. You'll spend less time on technology support-related issues-so you can spend more time making your business successful. Windows Vista Business is the definitive choice for your business today and tomorrow.

Enterprise

Designed to significantly lower IT costs and risks, Windows Vista Enterprise meets the needs of large, global organizations with complex IT infrastructures.

I currently just use Vista Home Basic and I think that it is an excellent operating system, and the only other feature that I think is really not given in prioritism which is needed would have to be Media Center.

I also Dual Boot with XP Professional, for all my computing needs when I need to change operating systems, in the likes of drivers not being supported.

Thats the end of my post I hope you've enjoyed reading it.

I fully agree with the need to list this because so many people are putting down Vista that those who may want it turn away because of fear. I built a new rig and put vista on, and i can tell you right now, that having done RAID on both Vista and XP OS installs and start ups, there is NOTHING as good as Vista's natural support, fdd are entirely obsolete for the most part imo, i didn't even buy one for my new computer, seemed like a huge waste of money to me. I ended up just getting what i wanted and everything i needed. I didn't decide to dual boot because honestly i didn't wanna go through the trouble and a lot of other personal hang ups about it, but i use another HDD for xp, and having to setup RAID when i don't even use it for XP was beyond useless and retarded that it took me quite some time to find an old working FDD lying around and plug it in then install windows because it didnt' wanna work without the RAID controllers from the mobo. Vista ont he other hand runs much faster than XP (i mean if you have a crappy rig, it'd be stupid to upgrade and most people i see complaining don't have an up-to-date / good rig to adequately supply vista with what it uses, sure it uses more than it should but i personally like what i get in return and have noticed no degradation in pc/game performance) and it has a handful of features i love.

Personally the way you navigate folders and search is so superior to xp that i dread going on xp, which i have to for most of the time because the main game i play is FFXI and for some reason (more a gfx card issue) the 8800gtx won't work right with ffxi on vista, causes massive slow downs and such that many NVIDIA users are angry at them for. Though that's a bit off tangent i've never noticed any unsupported games that i've played having any problems. And i'll be honest I got vista for the future dx10, but hearing about dx10.1 kinda made me spaz a bit but yet again, that's a whole other hang up i have. Since forums are basically huge editorials i'm voicing my opinion for vista, i love the new design ease of use, and if the UAC really is that much of a problem just turn it off and get your own app to cover the firewall if you want that off too, really not that much of a problem and it's leaps ahead for security from XP. I use my own personal anti-virus and firewall that are the best in the game so far, and let defender do it's thing as well, and have noticed no issues. In fact my network speed and pings in games are around 15% lower in most cases, Team Fortress 2 runs supremely better, as does just about any other resource demanding application, supreme commander runs seamlessly, for those interested my setup is fairly simplistic and i'll list it below so that people don't think you can run vista perfectly without a hitch on some ancient set of equipment.

CPU: 2.6ghz dual core (Lightly OC'ed myself to 3.2 steady at 32C w/ Eliminator Cooler)

GFX: 8800GTX

HDD: Dual seagates in RAID 0 for 600GB space total

RAM: 2GB XMS Corsair

MOBO: 680i NVIDIA

The whole rig with keyboard mouse monitor etc cost just around 2,000 dollars, a good price by far in today's markets i'd say, for those who say they have no money to upgrade, really making your own computer and buying from retailers that don't stiff you on jacked up prices (hullotharbestbuy) and yet still don't have the best you need, is what fails most people, but if you buy from good retailers who have an idea of just what the hell they're doing then upgrading your computer or building a new one from scratch becomes incredibly simplistic and easy, and you have the satisfaction and joy of creating it yourself, knowing all the inner workings because you did them, and most of all knowing that you didn't have to pay that extra couple thousand (depending on who makes it) just to pay somebody else to make *your* computer which really isn't yours after somebody else makes it. Anyways sorry for the tangent/rant/craziness. The point I was getting across is that Vista hardly is as bad as people think it is, as for the FFXI thing for any of you who play, it should be fixed by the next expansion when they upgrade FFXI to DX9 from DX8.

Vista looks pretty good, but loads of people have been reporting bugs with it. If Microsoft hadn't tried to rush the release of Windows Vista for Christmas, it would have been a pretty good release of Windows. I am saying this even though I don't have Vista. xP

In my opinion, I think Vista is a joke. Its just a shinier version of XP with rediculous sercurity. You have to confirm to do ANYTHING including features that come with Vista. For example, you have to confirm windows to turn on the firewall. Its not that big of a deal but i find it very annoying. Another thing that is rediculous is the price and all of the versions.
I'm gonna stick with XP until they come out with something bigger and better than just making it look better.

I couldn't say this better by myself Will, it feels like a joke.
I've customers that are truely dissapointed at vista as os, and alot of them begging me to put back Windows XP
to their new purchased computer with Vista home premium license.
For an exemple, the UAC(that aren't too hard to deactivate, once you've done that) but for a normal PC user new
to the vista OS interface, it could be difficult step to accomplish.
And there are also programs and games that doesnt support running on a vista OS(Of course they make new updates to
both games and programs). I had to install mozilla firefox to get a customers favourite java game to run.
It feels like they only have accomplish a halfgood OS with alots of bugs and problems and forcing us to pay in full.

In my opinion, VISTA is not good. I can see it good for those who don't do much on the PC, but someone like me, who is doing out of the ordinary stuff, would prefer windows XP. I have XP on my first pc, but I had to get vista for my new laptop -.- I am hoping to get XP ....and UPGrADE not DOWNGRADE. I mean I can't even get to my shockwave player/prefs files and what not with vista...though I can think of a few good things....(and hey, it looks nicer!) but I still prefer Windows XP for my computers.

Windows Vista Rocks so much!!!

Notice from rvalkass:

At Xisto we request you post with quality. Please try to make longer posts with more content and of a higher quality. Read the readme for more information on the rules.

Wow are you serious there is ten times as many things that are wrong with vista then there are right. I mean seriously have you not seen the vista commercial that is out it says "Think not what vista can do for you but what you can buy for vista". I mean hello it is hard as finding a house dog in the middle of the dessert to find software that works fully with vista. I would love reasons as to why vista "rocks" as far as i am concerned it is just another failure like windows 2000.

I would love reasons as to why vista "rocks" as far as i am concerned it is just another failure like windows 2000.

I made a post about this some time ago, where Microsoft claims it has "100 reasons you'll be speechless". Check it out here , and try not to laugh too hard. Also, the title they put has incorrect grammar, it's supposed to be 100 Reason's Why You'll Be Speechless. I think that's just freakin hilarious. Edited by dre (see edit history)

Vista is a bit buggy, but eventually I suppose everything will move to it, so I think we're stuck working through little errors until MS can work out a service pack. Remember XP before SP2? There were many problems with security, accessibility, ect. I understand not as bad as Vista is now, but things will get better with time.If it bothers you that much, stick with XP for a little while longer then upgrade once the numerous problems have been worked out.

vista ----when it first arrived in the market i wanted to have it....it has got that one xtra edge over the other operating systemsit features are great like great grafics...and many more :P it simply rockz ...can't be described...u must have a xperience of using it :D

Well, you don't here this a lot. Most people (I'm one of them) just find Windows Vista ridiculous.

It's not even that better dan Windows XP it's only ten times more beautifull. But with a little Windows

XP theme you can have that problem fixed with XP in minutes. Another big stupid thing about vista:

a lot of software can't work on it! I had it for a short time, loved it for a short time and was deleted in NO TIME!

Greetzz

Two words from me.

Vista SUCKS

- Why?
I bought a laptop in June 2007 with Vista included. It worked for silly two months, then the whole system crashed one night, the day after, when I opened my laptop, everything was gone, and it said I had to register my copy of Vista within 30 days, otherwise it'd stop working. I was like... HUH?! :)
And then I called the Acer company, they said that they would send me a recovery CD, which I should've got with my laptop, within 6 weeks. And guess what - 4 months has passed, and I haven't received my fricken CD yet. So I got one of my dad's friends to make a Dual Boot to Windows XP for me, and I haven't experienced any bug on this yet.