xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
benzkids

Ipb Warning

i have IPB on my site and i would like to know if it is posiable to have someone warn others but not themselves. aka i can warn them but they can unwarn themselves. help would be very nice indeedand what mods do you have on this site??

Edited by benzkids (see edit history)

IPB is set up in a way that you can designate which forum groups can warn people; Admin and mods are usually the two groups to do it. Its been awhile but if you go to the group permissions section it should be somewhere on group options that has a bunch of check boxes and other stuff to set up that group.No people can not unwarn themselves after being warned but a admin or mod.As for mods on this site-Shoutbox-gallery-custom pages-and of course the credit system.

thankyou about the mods but i would like to be able to warn a mod, and have them not unwarn themselves

Since a mod can warn other members, there is no setting from making it so they cannot unwarn themselves. However, if you have mods need to be warned, perhaps they shouldnt be mods. I think to do this you will need to edit your php files, so you should make a topic on one of the IPB Support forums.

Under the ACP > Tools and Settings > Warn Set-Up you can protect which group is to be curbed from receiving warnings.Carson is right. If an admin needs to warn a moderator, perhaps that moderator should not be in your moderator group. But that's just my thinking.An alternative is installing a special NOTE tag where only a member intended can see but no others can. This mod is found in Invisionize. Pretty handy mod if you want to send a message to a member/mod but in private. But then again, there's always the PM system. Why add more mods that can slow down your forum?

it would be very nice if someone could make a mod for me or is there one out there. and buff, in the acp it says they can't be warned, i know because i set it up so no one can warn me, and maby your tight, i will think about taking away his mod status.