xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

How To Start A Gaming Business

The gaming industry is aroung 6 billion dollors and its growing anually.i am not a game developer nor a software professional , but a game enthusiast.the gaming industry in the world is a gr8 oppurtunity and also has a lotta money. i want to get new ideas on how to start a gaming business , like having game centres in cities , organizing competetion ., and finding the best gamer.I would like suggestions on what are the requirements to start a gaming centre , jus like internet parlours,regardsmabhishekjhawar

Do you mean card games like Magic the Gathering or multi-player computer games?If you mean card games, you should check out the game stores in your area and see if they already have game parties. If so, you could ask about what would go into hosting another one. If not, they might be able to help you find out if it is something that might be worthwhile with how many gamers are in the area.If you're talking about computer games, check Google to see if there are already LAN parties in your area and attend one of them. If there aren't any, check online multiplayer forums and see if there are a lot of gamers in your area. If so you might be able to set up a LAN party with them.If there are not a lot of gamers in your area, you'll probably be limited to online game parties.Good luck.

hi, I want to start a MMORPG and have found a open source MMORPG engine called Elysium in one of the forum posts. However, I would like suggestions on popular open source MMORPG engines to be used and how to set up and run a site on MMORPG.

Do you mean card games like Magic the Gathering or multi-player computer games?If you mean card games, you should check out the game stores in your area and see if they already have game parties. If so, you could ask about what would go into hosting another one. If not, they might be able to help you find out if it is something that might be worthwhile with how many gamers are in the area.
If you're talking about computer games, check Google to see if there are already LAN parties in your area and attend one of them. If there aren't any, check online multiplayer forums and see if there are a lot of gamers in your area. If so you might be able to set up a LAN party with them.

If there are not a lot of gamers in your area, you'll probably be limited to online game parties.

Good luck.

Hi robozozzens,
i am not talking about these , but similar to these .,
i want to know how to start a gaming centers where people can come and play games , like counterstrike, warcraft, and lot of other games. also what is the requirement for all these., currently the gaming industry is booming in india, and children for schools, colleges hangout in gaming par;lours to play games.
i have thought of this concept , but the ideas is appreciated.
i need to know what is the best location to have such gaming parlours and also requirements and marketing strategy,

So you mean you want to make like an arcade, but for online games?If you want something like that, pretty much all you have to do is have an area with computers with the games you're offering installed on them. You should get pretty fast ones, so if any new games come out that you would want to offer, and their requirements are really high, you won't have to buy all new computers or anything.For WoW and games like that, it would be difficult to figure out how to charge, because people have to have accounts for that, and some of them make you pay monthly. You could either make their accounts free and charge them by the hour they play, or you could just make them pay a little more for the account, so you still make some profit. I don't think it's really smart to make them get free accounts, though, because if they just go and play at your center for an hour, and they leave, they would be able to install the game at home, and you would end up paying for their account from then on.The hardest part would be getting the equipment to start up and figuring out a good system for how to charge them.For a place to start it up, it depends on where you live. That's probably going to be one of the hardest decisions.Good luck, though! :P

Wow, with you guys asking what sort of gaming genre mabhishekjhawar is heading about goes to show that he hasn't made his stand clear right at the start in the first post, so can i request you, mabhishekjhawar , to do some edit and make it abit clearer? Thanks.By the way, the gaming industry is indeed growing, however, it is very risky to invest as you'd never know, the governments are overly concerned about health policies where one would strain his or her eyes glaring or staringat the screen over hours, and even forgoing sleep. Secondly, people would be reluctant to excercise often just to keep more time to 'level' in games or 'train to be pro'.If it's about card games, arcades, i would refer them as yet another in-door recreational activity where no sweat glands are produce, except for some games lol. Maybe DDR=Dance Dance Revolution?Well, just my 2-cents worth.

if you guys are so serious bout involving in gaming business i suggest take a visit at gamedev.net . it's not only bout developing a game but it shows the current events/upcoming events and you will find that their articles are helpful.

I personally think this isn't a very lucrative way to make money. If people play WoW, they usually play for many hours at a time, and with the amount of money you would have to charge them, they wouldn't go to you. You need at least a certain amount of money to keep the place open, and to buy the equipment, bills etc... and I dont think you would get enough to stay afloat.

I'm working on a PHP RPG software with a couple of friends. It will be free and open-source, however, there will be a page for users to donate money to keep the RPG system going. We are aiming high as we want it to be well-known and a system that RP-enthusiasts will love. If anybody has any suggestions as to what we could include in the software, could you send an email to spirpg@gmail.com? We need your thoughts. They will help us make the software better, and powerful.

I'm working on a PHP RPG software with a couple of friends. It will be free and open-source, however, there will be a page for users to donate money to keep the RPG system going. We are aiming high as we want it to be well-known and a system that RP-enthusiasts will love. If anybody has any suggestions as to what we could include in the software, could you send an email to spirpg@gmail.com? We need your thoughts. They will help us make the software better, and powerful.

yea the php are the best online mmorg games ! ived playes and play actually now one , my opinion the best games online mmorpg ived found is http://www.outwar.com/

You can chose between gangster , monster , popstar , and start leveling up , crew handly , fight between crews , equip items , good graphics ..

You have to have good idea for the game. Asia seems to have the best place for gaming stuff. I don't know why, but once in a while we would always have some news that say like someone over in Asia died after staying up playing a game for 3 straight days. Or something like that.Well I don't really know. I haven't really try to start a gaming business nor do I even play game anymores. All I can see is that Online game seems to work pretty well in Asia but I have no idea what kind of game they play. You have to do some research that's all I have to say.

Well, i am an active asian-gamer. I don't participate in World-Cyber games held annually here though. Alright, this is a list of some popular games:Granado Espada;MapleSea;AuditionSea;Gunz Online;Counter Strike;That's all. MapleSea is the most you can see asian players online at all times. However, around midnight, for example 3am, there are very few, though only thousands ranging from 999-3999 players.The gaming industry will realise it's potential only when technology is further advanced. Best is Playstation and Xbox Live. Trust me, Wii is also getting famous. However, do remember to carve out a brandname firsty.

I've got a Game Company that's just starting up myself. What I've been doing so far is talking to people I know with game dev related skills and get them to come on knowing they cannot be guaranteed pay until we sell some games. Of course, I kind of have an advantage because I do some of the hardest parts of the games myself which helps me get respect from people I work with.

you could easily rent out a local store or something and just buy a server and some desks and chairs and heaps of cables and plugs etc, and just like host a lan party or something maybe with an entrance price of like $1 or $2? and have competitions like win a 8800gts? or something like that, it'll be a great way to start of a new business and may even move it city wide then state-wide, then country-wide and maybe even world wide if you're lucky...