xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
abminara

Human Locator

I think this could possibly be a good idea for children, where it is the parents decision to get the device installed. This could help with a lot of kidnappings, and lost children. But I dont think its a good idea for adults. We all need our privacy

If adults need privacy, why dont children?
I know it would help in kidnappings but as a child would you want your parents knowing where you were all the time? Of course you wouldnt! and that in my eyes is an invasion of privacy that will eventually lead to invasion of privacy to adults too. The only way this type of device culd be effective and morally correct would be to have it easily removable by the trackee, as said jewlery is often stolen so maybe a small but powerful clip that can be attached inside pockets or on socks or shoes.

Now, my next question - what on Earth could ever motivate them to do that?

Many a thing, such as oil... their hatred or every government but their own... probably anger that they, the american government, armed many of the "terrorist" they are now fighting... anyway.. back on topic...The point is, as already said, an invasion of privacy doesnt lead to security, in my eyes it would lead to insecurity and hatred f the "system" leading to more crime and eventual anarchy.

I think the best possible use is for criminals on parol. That way they can always be located

Here in the UK at least they do have tracking via a "tag" which is like a band around the ankle with a transmitter inside, usually used to ensure that criminals adhere to curfews or to prove or disprove their involvement in any crimes by their location. Thing is these bands are made or plastic or rubber for comfort and so by heating them gently they can be stretched over the foot and stuck on a dog or something to give the illusion of them still being on the criminal, the reason they met them is because cutting them sets of an alarm signal. The point is any tracking measure can be disabled by any number of methods and it would give enough time to commit a crime without being tracked that would greatly enhance their chances f not being found guilty. I still think its a good idea to track those on parole as only the determined are going to bother going to far lengths to remove the tag for a few days.

Do you realize the kind of power this device would require to communicate with a satellite while determining its own location? Then there's the RF signals. You might as well walk around with an active radar in front of your face, you'll get about the same disturbance to your body.

Edited by dre (see edit history)

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with this. I think it would only be acceptable as long as the person receiving the chip gave full written consent, and they were of a suitable state of mind, and that it were never compulsory, and the data never went into the wrong hands. Even then it would be a gross breach of the acceptable level of civil liberties.

Yes, I agree with teknoTom. If I'm gonna have a chip put in my eye, I want to at least have a say as to whether I want it or not. It's just unnatural.

I think if this went ahead the country/world would fall into a dystopian '1984' type world, when everyone would be tracked by the government and no-one could hide. Opponents of the government would be tracked down and killed etc etc...

Hm, nice idea, but I think that device must be purchased by choice, couse I'm sure it could be dangerous, couse the radio signal, that must be radiated, could damage somehow your body. All the day/night radiation could cause you cancer of the organ nearly the device.Maybe if somebody create technology, which is not dangerous for the human body, also the material of the device must be harmless.If they implant the material at the human bird, I don't know what will happen through the growth - it could infect somehow the part of the body. I don't know, that should be discussed with proffesionalists :P