xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
afunguy26

More Whales Than Any Living Being

Whales are mammals and whales need air to breathe, i think [i am not an expert though] the reason why whales are in water is because they are too heavy to be on land, that and they have no legs, especially not any that could support their gigantic body. But my point is that they need air, and so they need to be somewhat closer to the surface, in fact when they sleep they aren't actually sleeping mostly just resting, and telling themselves to breath. I really doubt they could even go deep into the ocean, in fact I think MOST animals cannot go much deeper than they are already at, nor do many probably venture down there. I'm sure there are some extremely fascinating animals deep down in the water, if there is even life at all- but I can almost guarantee a whale would not be one of those fascinating animals.

I dont believe it at all because there are over one million SPECIES of insects in the world and ONE colony of ants has said to have had 486,000,000 ants in interconnected nests
Now if every species of insect has only 1OOO insects in it, if we add that number to the number of ants in this one colony we get 100,486,000,000 insects in the world.

If the oceans in this world can support that many 2O foot long whales i will die in amazement!

And lets not forget those numbers are based on adding ONE colony of ants to the equivalent of 1OOO of every species of insect so who knows how many insects there really are? Billions more i expect!

Nice theory but there arent the same number of insects per species are there?
Some species there are only a few hundred, sometimes it's only a FEW!
With it only being a few species it would'nt make much difference. But on the grand total for every species that doesn't have that many we're taking off almost 100,486,000,000

The number of whales could be from 2000 to 100,000. Remember, they might not be whales, but creatures like whales that have adpated so they can live without sunlight and breath sulphur? but who knows whats down there, unless we can map every single square centimetre of the ocean we won't know.