xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
angad619

Problems With The Sony Ericsson S500?

Hey guys, I plan to buy the Sony Ericsson S500 soon. I've tried reading a few reviews and I stumbled across a post which said that the keys of the S500 are cracking!!! Is that true? Does anyone own the Se S500.

I've already fallen in love with the phone and it would be sad if the phone was defective!!!
Heres a peek at the phone. You guys will fall in love a well!!!!

Here are some of the features that are unique to this phone:
-- Lights very similar to the Nokia 6220
-- A theme based on nature which changes according to the time of the day!!!

Please do let me know if someone has bought the phone and received any problems.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

the black and green SE S500i have problems with not only their keypads, but their scrollpad too. I heard it was a bad chemical reaction with the green color paint, but that they potentially fixed it with the new phones? Don't know if the fixed phone thing is true, but YES the key pads not only crack, they start to malfunction VERY QUICKLY. half of my keys busted after only a month!

Hey guys, I plan to buy the Sony Ericsson S500 soon. I've tried reading a few reviews and I stumbled across a post which said that the keys of the S500 are cracking!!! Is that true? Does anyone own the Se S500.I've already fallen in love with the phone and it would be sad if the phone was defective!!!
Heres a peek at the phone. You guys will fall in love a well!!!!
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/
Here are some of the features that are unique to this phone:
-- Lights very similar to the Nokia 6220
-- A theme based on nature which changes according to the time of the day!!!
Please do let me know if someone has bought the phone and received any problems.

nice phone, i have heard its amazing phone with the cracked keypad.other than keypad, this phone is usefull for standard phone with 2MP camera.,with the low price too., :o

.........not worth it

Replying to angad619

Me my sister and brother inlaw all got the s500i

I have had so far;; a broken screen, broken key pad, the whole screen went blue and the battery runs out in no time

My sisters turns off al the time without turning it off

And my brother inlaws had his sent off and repaird 6 times

-reply by shanibarbe

The Sony Ericsson S500i is not worth it

So far with in the week I got this phone the battery runs out really quickly I notice it the next day at the end of the week I had a broken screen I don't know what's going to happen after I fix my screen so I will have to wait right now I just have my phone put away until I'm able to get a new screen I can tell you I think that I might have some regrets that I bought this phone I'll see what goes wrong once I get it fixed. :(

-reply by Laura

how do i fix it

I have had the sony ericsson not even a month the key pad just under the screan has stoped working along with the screen and lights what do I do?

-reply by Hayley

Replying to angad619I was inlove with this phone too when I first bought it. Then a few months later it started going wrong. Each number on my keypad was indivually cracking, or the numbers were fading away. And only just today, the back of the phone came off from when it fell, and it wasnt even a hard fall. And hours later I still cant get the back on. This phone is weak and to be honest its just useless, and depressing when you spend all that money on it and it just breaks up.Jazmine xx

my s500i wont let me send a sms

My s500 wont let me send a text message it just goes into the out box I have done the master reset but it still wont let me and I have credit coz I can call people still ... Jase

-reply by jason

my s500i wont let me send a sms

My s500 wont let me send a text message it just goes into the out box I have done the master reset but it still wont let me and I have credit coz I can call people still ... Jase

-reply by jason

Go on Message settings and put the service center number of the network you are using