xisto Community
galexcd

Ice Cube Time Bomb! Muahahahaha

Ok we've all heard of the Mentos+coke experiment, and if your like me you're already so annoyed by all the stupid different videos and everybody constantly bringing it up, and normally I wouldn't even talk about it, but I did have an ingenious idea yesterday. We freeze mentos in ice cubes ahead of time, then we throw a party, where we serve coke (of course) with these ice cubes. Just imagine what would ensue! :PTalk about chaos!

haha! That's awesome, the only problem I could see is that the ice cubes may not melt fast enough to make the explosion of regular mentos. Since the mentos provides little holes on it's surface for the gas to form, when the mentos finally hits the coke I think most of the carbonation sites would still be frozen over and be much slower; however, it would be awesome if it worked like normal. :P

Although I am speculating and would have to be tested out, I would think the ice would dilute the mentos long enough to kill off that effect of when when the mentos and the coke are connected. When you do this make sure to record it and post it up somewhere so we can see if the theories that people are speculating about this little venture are true or not.

dude i tried this and it didn't work first, the mentos went all soggy, then i tried a 2nd time with just a mentos and it worked brilliantly, the 3rd time i tried the ice-cube again and it worked. i have no idea why the 1st time didn't work, but hey it worked eventually. i'm gunna do this at my next party lol:P

It's going to be very hard to do, as coke (water+solute(salts, etc.)) can be superfrozen - remain liquid even under 0 centigrade. If you manage to freeze it - it's going to turn back to liquid VERY QUICKLY - when it almost reaches 0, which is going to be quick at room temperatire.P. S. Never mind what I just said - The will probably explode in your own hand from your body heat while you are transferring them:)

hehehe, this is pure evil, but something even more evil will be to put glad-wrap on the toilet seat.Anyway I can't wait to find out what happens, but you will need to freeze the mentos pretty quickly to stop it going all soggy, but now that I say this how about this idea. Freeze mentos (no ice) till you get a core temperature of around -18C freeze salted water to around -18C then put the mentos in the firdge on the lowest setting and when the core temperature of the mentos is around 1C and the salted water is just above its freezing point turn the freezer to its lowest temperature, and drop the mentos into the slated water and it should take around 2min for the water to completely freeze.Soggy mentos=no fizzremember to use diet coke though, normal coke doens't really work well

Might also consider that moving water won't freeze as easily, either, so if you can come up with a method to keep a jug of water in the freezer moving enough to stop it from freezing and the mentos in the freezer, too, so as to lower their temp. Then add one mentos into each 'cell' of an ice cube tray, add the water and continue the freezing until the ice cube is made.Take them out and place them into a glass, add the Diet Coke and watch for the delayed reaction.... Might be fun, never know...:P

Assuming that this works, this would be awesome. Although, I see a few problems.1) People might drink their coke/diet coke before the ice cube has the chance to melt. 2) The ice cubes could dilute the mentos thus making them unusableThere are probably more. I'll try this experiment some time and then post again, stating my results.

excellent concept.... heres a major problem though:the only reason it foams a lot is because of the preasure of a BOTTLE.... so if its in a glass.... it won't work as well.... although it may foam over the edge a little and end up all over someones dress.... :)The mention of mentos and coke reminds me of something hilarious I did... In science class we did a few experiments with mentos and coke... afterwards, some of the mentos mints were still inside the coke... so I let them dissolve a little bit... and then I chugged 1 (1 1/2 maybe? it was a while ago) litres of the flat-minty-gross frickin coke...