xisto Community
hibbso

Impossible-to-answer Questions... title says it all

Does a mirror have a colour?

Objects "have" colours because they absorb some light and reflect some light.

The light from the sun contains all the frequencies we can see and many more, all mixed together. Objects absorb light that vibrates at certain frequencies and they reflect light that vibrates at other frequencies. The combination of frequencies that an object absorbs is what gives that object its colour. The true colour of an object is appreciated when white light from the sun hits it.

A [well polished] mirror reflects all the light that hits it, without absorbing any.

So, I think the answer is no. A mirror does not have a colour.

wait a minute...

White objects also reflect all the frequencies of light that hits them.

So what is the difference between a mirror and a white object?

Zero degrees celsius is like...32 degrees fahrenheit. So if you double 32 and get 64 F, convert that to celsisus and you'll get an answer. The conversion is 32+(5/9f) or something of that sort.

temperature twice as coldImpossible-to-answer Questions...

-136.575 celsiusTwice as cold is the same as half as warm and there is no negative amount of energy so your talkin absolute zero(kelvin), 0 degrees celsius is 273.15 kelvin so half that is 153.575 kelvin which u subtract 273.15 to get answer above

-reply by victor

this reminds me of when i once discussion "what is nothing?" with some people for 5 hours, in the end, no one knew.some questions are not good to discuss, and over thinking is what makes some people go crazy.

When people die the first thing they see, feel, smell and hear is "nothing"...How can you describe nothing without saying nothing-reply by BigNasty

some answersImpossible-to-answer Questions...

1. Colours will appear in different shades... Ever watch a black and white TV? you can teach a blind person what colour something is by the shade.. EX: blue would be allmost as dark as black.. Yellow would be really light

2. What happens is I think you get used to the colour and I think you might lose focus on it... Truth is staring at a blank sheet of red paper would be pretty boring.. So I think your brain loses focus.

3. The higher "up" you go the colder it gets, since the bathroom is generaly a warm place the temperature/moisture difference between outside and inside of the plane will form condensation.

4. There is ways you can put science and religion together, I have no set religion I just believe what I want to believe... Its possible that a greater force formed the BB, because I don't believe there is space beyond space as asked in your question.

5.  Mirrors DO have colour.  mirrors are backed with silver to give them the reflecting look, so mirrors are silver.  (or whatever colour they reflect)

6.  0 degrees C is = to 32 degrees F..  so half of 32 degrees is 16 degrees fahrenheit.  so 16 degrees fahrenheit is 2x  as cold as 0 degrees C. 

7.  stumped me there, I believe in evolution, but I'm not atheist, I still believe there is a higher power =D

8.  frozen alive,  there has been cases when the victoms burned for minutes before they died... You don't die from fire until your skin "melts off" and you lose the water in your cells, thus causing you to dehydrate, and youll suffer through the pain the entire process, also your lungs will collapse from no O2 and youll also suffocate while being melted alive... Not a good way to die (not including smoke inhalation) ... Freezing on the other hand is less extreme.. Youll have pain through the first stages of frostbite... Then youll get numb and slow down, eventually falling asleep as your body shuts down.. During WW2 they send the jews on death marches to try to kill them off.. And they were literally breaking off toes from the cold. But I don't think at that stage of frostbite you'd feel anything

the questions were fun to answer

-reply by Austin

Is it better to be burnt alive or frozen alive?

Eer.. Obvious choice. Being frozen alive is only sore momentarily. By the time you've been in the cold long enough for your organs to start shutting down, your senses will be almost completely numbed. Just before your brain switches off, you'll feel almost nothing at all, other than a gentle warm feeling- as your body escapes the cold through dulled senses.Burning alive on the other hand, is one of the most painful experiences imaginable. Some claim that you're dead within 20 seconds of CO2 poisoning, but that's still 20 seconds of your skin blistering and peeling, and your eyes melting out of your skull. Might've watched that scene in 'The Hills Have Eyes' too many times, but I've got a strong aversion to burning; like any sane human being.

Who to tell colors to blind (by birth) personImpossible-to-answer Questions...

Replying to abminaraThere are 7 basic colors, White & black excluded by you question, so remain are 5 colors onlyI will take 5 ingredients, and make 5 food items, as belowFood Item #1) All 5 ingredients in itFood Item #2) All 4 ingredients in itFood Item #3) All 3 ingredients in itFood Item #4) All 2 ingredients in itFood Item #5) All 1 ingredients in itI will ask blind person to taste them, one by one, when he will feel difference in TASTEI will explain him/her that ?Light has 7 basic Shades, except White & Black, there are 5 basic Shades, eyes can feel it like your tongue can feel 5 different tastes

-reply by Tayyab

Kelvin scale for temperature.Impossible-to-answer Questions...Replying to iGuestYou might want to try on the Kelvin scale. 0 Celsius doesn't mean there is no "heat", it's just a reference number.. Not a value.Things are different with Kelvin scale. 0 is absolute value. There is no heat/electron movement/friction. I'm not sure if the heat is electron movement is linear to the "heat" increase, but I guess you could say that 400K is twice as 200K.

I think some people are confused about finite and infinite. With the God question, why cant he be infinite? Maybe he always existed, and maybe he created time. It is impossible for humans to comprehend though. You need faith to believe it just like you need faith to be an atheist. And the big bang theory is the biggest joke in the world, it makes no sense. It takes far more faith to believe in that then believe in a God. And it is probably better to be frozen alive.

Twice as cold would be 0 degrees Celcius, unless you can multiply by zero.Any number times zero is equal to zero, so two times zero is equal to zero.

If you convert to degrees Fahrenheit, then 2 times 32 degrees would be 64 deg F.

Not exactly twice as cold....

Hey smart one, twice as cold would imply moving in the opposite direction. therefore, negative 32 because 32-32*2=-32.
Edited by moderator (see edit history)

If it is 0 degrees Celsius one day and double the temperature the next, simply convert the number of Celsius to kelvins to get the temperature of 273.15 K, then multiply that by two which would give you 546.3 K. Subtracting 273.15 from that would give you the answer of 273.2 degrees Celsius. So therefore the double temperature would be 273.2 degrees Celsius. To find how cold it would be simply divide by two instead of multiplying following the same rules.

here i have some answers :1. a blind person will see all of them same, you asked how they look like and i answered all will be same but i don't know same as which color but same is enough for your question.2. No i still see it red and it never gets invisible, if you want to see it red to do not forget blinking because some people think meaning of staring is not blinking at all but it only means you focus on it you don't need to do not blink. blink and it will never get invisible :D 3. Because high in the sky tempereture is very low so every place that has not a warming system will be so cold but why you see frosted windows in toilets, its because humidity is high in there and small pieces of water on the window get froze, so why other windows are not frozen because inside plane saloon humidity is not that high as a toilet so there is no water for getting frozen on the windows. 4. hmm this is not an impossible to answer question because you said if it is true so maybe it is not true, so what if it is not true then the question will not exist at all and i think big bang theory is not completely true.5. mirror so you are asking that is glass having some color ? the answer is yes the color is transparent :D just like photoshop you can choose transparent in background colors so transparent is some type of color and you can say glass color or mirror color is transparent. 6. the answer is just in my previous post, the answer is very easy you should compare temprature to kelvin and say the answer.7. humans can not answer this question because we can not understand real infinite meaning. just for example you have to apples and then you gave them to nobody in mathematics you say you have divided these two to nothing or zero so the answer is infinite how you describe it ? no one can describe infinite so because everything related to GOD is infinite you can not describe them at all one of them is GOD's life.8. Wow why you have asked this which one takes less time i think freezing will take so much time and can cause you more torture so maybe burning is better but anyway not burning by sunlight :P which can take you 100 years of torture and no death.

Twice as cold would be 0 degrees Celcius, unless you can multiply by zero.Any number times zero is equal to zero, so two times zero is equal to zero.

If you convert to degrees Fahrenheit, then 2 times 32 degrees would be 64 deg F.

Not exactly twice as cold....

I do not believe that measurement of temperature works like this. It's kind of like the color spectrum. You can't really take a value and double it. If you have a frequency of 300 (Near Ultraviolet) and double it, you get a Yellow/Orange color. Like temperature, it doesn't exactly work out.