xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sirhenry

What Sort Of Music Do You Listen To?

My musical taste has evolved without bounds over the years. It wasn't much more than 5 years ago that I couldn't stand anything besides rap (yuck!). Now, the complete opposite is true. I love all kinds of music (although classic rock is my daddy) for what it sounds like and nothing more. I am discovering many obscure bands I had no idea existed, as well as maintaining a positive outlook on mainstream stuff.Music is life. The rest is just details.

Well I really like rock, hard rock, metal, punk, you know that sorta stuff. And yeah its pretty weird, there are like a million bands that are now official, I just heard about one of the bands a few weeks ago and they'd been out for about 2 years! There's just too many...But I don't really like rap and reggae and that sort of music. Anyway for some reason I have become what I am partly because of the music I listen to, it is one of the sources of the way my lifestyle is like right now.

And so...what do I listen to... *thinks*Folk music. It's great...so...happy!Bluegrass. I know...plunk, plunk.Punk *old school*. Greenday, Antiflag, the Offspring, Rise Against. The REAL punk, in my opinion. :rolleyes: Blues/Rock. Three words for you: The Black Keys.Jazz. Everything from Norah Jones to Buddy Rich Big Band...I LOVE jazz of all types.New Age. Creepy...but cool.Classical. Chopin, Beethoven, Debussy...aaaaah. So relaxing.Classic Rock. Heh...sometimes old is good.And I'd say that that pretty much covers all of the MAIN genres. I just don't like modern country, and rap. Yeah. :)

i listen to anime music, those songs that are in japanese i love them it's call j-rock,j-pop, etc i like those music genres and i also like rock, alternative, pop, wannabe punk xDU and a little of hip hop ._. oooohh!! and the oldies xD yeaah oldies rulz "She was a dancer at the Copaa Copacabana" yup the only type of music i won't listen to even if they pay me is country and "de banda" that's how we in m?xico call them. i rather kill myself xox!

yeah im gonna have to go with rap all the way.

i dont like rock at all, a bunch of people screamin into the mic wit a wack beat (most of it).  rap actually means something sometimes.  like take eminems new cd for example, talkin bout all the things goin on in the world right now and it sounds good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eminem swears every 17 milliseconds, you cant say that has some deep meaning. All of the "songs" sound exactly the same, and he generally has no respect for anything except for his over-inflated ego.

Personally I'll listen to anything with a good catchy beat, mainly punk/alternative like the Offspring. Some of Green Days stuff is ok. Proper music.

As you may have guessed, I despise rap and everything it stands for.

Just offering my opinion :rolleyes:

-vacant

The above was not intended to insult anyone, please dont take anything literally. If you do, I didnt say it and you cant prove anything!

My favorite kind of music is rock or alternative. Rap just puts women down and makes girls feel that they have to be dirty and dress dirty in order to fit in or have a guy in their life. Anyway some bands you lot should check out are: ill nino, ra, finger eleven and the new Jimmy Eat world is sweet as well. Everyone should check them out :rolleyes:

My favorite kind of music is rock and sometimes Alternative and a little punk music. Rap just bothers me lately, it just puts women down and makes them all seem so dirty. Girls then feel like they have to be like that as well. Anyway some of my favorite bands consit of: Ra, ill nino, smile empty soul and some finger eleven. Everyone should check those bands out, well worth it :rolleyes:

Punk and Hardcore mostly, stuff like AFI, Pennywise, Sick of it all, etc.. that, and a bit of metal, especially 80's metal... Maiden and Priest... :rolleyes: Lately, though, I've been developing a thing for trance...

I listen to Rock and newer Metal, mostly. Right now, my favorite bands are Nightwish and Zeromancer. I phase in and out of listening to Radio KoL. (The local radio stations where I live tend to play older stuff more... Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's very rare that they play a song that I've never heard before that's not decades old.) And other that that, I will listen to most other music, except oldies/classics and country.

i listen to all sorts of things really: alternate stuff, punk, jazz, classical. right now i absolutely love the cure, the hives, franz ferdinand and the strokes. i love all kinds of music, but i won't touch rap, hip hop or country/folk...they make me cringe!