xisto Community
delivi

Web Designing Business

There are several thousands of web designing firms all over the world.So does starting up a new web designing business make any sense. If so please provide suggestions and ideas.

Starting up a web design firm does make sense, as long as there is a market for it in your area. There are plenty of firms all around the world that try to operate a web design business simply via email. Sometimes it can work, but quite often people want to speak face to face with the designer. If you can offer that more personal touch to your clients then you should be successful. Of course, its made more difficult if you've got competition in the area.

Yes, it does make sense!There is difference between school and hospital , so their web is different too. Make yourself strong in a certain field instead compete with others for all kinds of client.I wish you will win in the race.

Edited by faund (see edit history)

I think Web designing is a good business and great opportunity to earn money despite the fact that there are several web designing firms all over the world, still these business would have make sense due to high demand. If ever you got into these business, you just have to come up with new ideas and fresh designs to offer to your client, so you could be able to build a name in the industry.Here are some tips on how to win the market on web designing:1. You must consider and showcase the quality of your services or products.2. Create a unique and extensive designs, functionality and features.3. Make it in demand and more user-friendly compared to others.4. Make sure to offer a reasonable cost.Hope this will help!Cheers! :P

I think Web designing is a good business and great opportunity to earn money despite the fact that there are several web designing firms all over the world, still these business would have make sense due to high demand. If ever you got into these business, you just have to come up with new ideas and fresh designs to offer to your client, so you could be able to build a name in the industry.
Here are some tips on how to win the market on web designing:
1. You must consider and showcase the quality of your services or products.
2. Create a unique and extensive designs, functionality and features.
3. Make it in demand and more user-friendly compared to others.
4. Make sure to offer a reasonable cost.

Hope this will help!
Cheers!
:P

great detailed tips! if you want me to drop my opinion, well i have to say you need to be unique in designes and ideas. make good designs, give a way a few promotional web desins, try to promote your service on forums like digitalpoint, sitepoint etc. work hard and once you are in good position, you are on. but remember your success depends on your hard work, dadication, creativity and intelligence.
hope this helps

great detailed tips! if you want me to drop my opinion, well i have to say you need to be unique in designes and ideas. make good designs, give a way a few promotional web desins, try to promote your service on forums like digitalpoint, sitepoint etc. work hard and once you are in good position, you are on. but remember your success depends on your hard work, dadication, creativity and intelligence. hope this helps

Yes, your idea seems great as well! and I think the best ingredients to win web designing business is to make yourself passionate on it. For that reason, you creativeness will work together to produce innovative, extensive and new ideas.

I do believe that despite the fact that there's a big competition in the world of Web designing business firm but I do believe also that there's still a lot of opportunities out there.Web Designing is still in demand in the market especially in all sides of businesses today. The only thing need to highly developed is the skills on "business" matters. You should know some business tricks, business strategies and the whole thing and the whole game of business.And like what other business firm, you need to consider how you gain and win the business you want. Some of which are the following:1. Passion - it means, before you venture to any kind of business you need to know and sense your passion. In short, you should know and loved what you will be doing.2. Dedication - set your goal and purpose. You must know what do you want to do or archieved.3. Focus - keep your eye on the dough not on the hole.With regards to competition, just think of it that, competition is always there wherever you go and wherever you are but the thing is just do what you believe you can do it. :PCheers! :D

There are several thousands of web designing firms all over the world.
So does starting up a new web designing business make any sense. If so please provide suggestions and ideas.

Starting a new web designing business is still viable because it is now easier to host your own websites and that web design tools are getting better. There are still certain people or companies who want to have their own websites but are lazy or not able to do it well. Thus, this is a very good chance for you to set your target customers and use your web design expertise to cater to their needs, for example customising for them rather than providing a 1-size-fits-all. Bottomline here is just go ahead!

First of all you need to clear whether you are just doing the designing or you are going to do the web development too. As in programming and stuff.Well considering the web designing business or any other business, every business has the chance to prosper and gain more than the others. It's just the point on how you handle the business.Considering in your case the web designing, first you have to make a good portfolio and try to get your hands on some good projects that you can show other what you can do. Try to get some creativity and something different in what you do.Once the initial portfolio has been made, you have to market yourself and that too to the right people. remember that in whatever you do in business, the skill counts the 25% of the business and how you handle yourself and the comminication methods you use count for the rest.you can make up your portfolio on the freelance website like guru.com and the likes. If you are planning to do some development then it is a very good advantage as the other people hire other to do this sort of stuff where you can save more like this.finally putting is this way, if you've got heart and dedication nothing can stop you from becoming the top shot in the market. you just have o focus, create a better display of your skills, market, communicate, get good projects and you're on.

When considering a web design business, I think it is important to learn design from the standpoint of functionality. By that I mean, a website or page should always LOOK attractive, but its design entails more than looks. Just like a good mate, a website should have attributes and qualities other than just good looks. A web design should be robust and engaging to the user, and functional, informative, productive, and efficient for the owner. A good design will attract users, and retain the by informing, entertaining, dazzling, or empowering users, among other attributes. At the same time, it will provide useful information, strong revenues, user statistics, and other data to assist the owner in making business decisions. These are some of the qualities of good web design. Designers proficient in these disciplines will find a competitive edge.

Remember that there are a lot of things on this world, but if you provide with the best service that will atract new customers. if you start a service try to do it your best and this will make you diferent from others and help you..

There are several thousands of web designing firms all over the world.
So does starting up a new web designing business make any sense. If so please provide suggestions and ideas.

do you aim on developing the whole websites or templates for lets say Joomla?
i ve seen your "aero" styled template and i think that you did a great job.. ever thought about creating the templates for joomla?

True there are a lot of web designing firms today and I must say most of them are wannabes!But you do stand out from the rest if you are good.My only suggestion to you is to put up a good team because you can't have flurishing business without a good team. Especially when you are in the thick of business you'll find that a good unit is all that makes the difference.Web Designing is such an industry that does not require much capital to start. You could always start a new company, try your luck for a few months and if it doesn't work out(God forbid), shut shop and come back to regular ways.But do try your hand at it. Give yourself a change to succeed. Don't backout just because you have tough competition. Our best wishes are always with you. May you succeed at whatever you do..

I'm aiming to work on all sorts of design related work, let it be site layouts or templates for any CMS.but to make efficient templates for CMS's you need to be well versed with the taxonomy of the particular CMS's template syntax.I currently design themes for Wordpress, planning to design templates for other popular CMSes too :rolleyes:

I'm aiming to work on all sorts of design related work, let it be site layouts or templates for any CMS.
but to make efficient templates for CMS's you need to be well versed with the taxonomy of the particular CMS's template syntax.

I currently design themes for Wordpress, planning to design templates for other popular CMSes too :rolleyes:

Here is a little topic for you delivi.. if you are interested in knowing joomla better..
Joomla Template FAQ