xisto Community
Milk

Women And Sexism Bothersome and annoying

I don't believe I said anything about anyone having more 'constitutional' rights than you or me. I was merely mentioning that you have no right to be shoving your beliefs down my throat with the [seemingly] intention of making me "realize" that Christianity is the only path to the Promised Land or some crap like that. But you're still right. No one has any set right to do anything. We follow a set of rules made by some people way back when. Animals don't follow rights or anything. They follow ritual basically... Our "rights" don't mean anything, since in actuality, they're really not imprinted into the human in order to really survive in the world. All we need is food and water (and shelter and clothing.....) and that's it...but because our minds are so complex, we had to go and expand on that and make us "civilized" creatures. Who even knows what civilized is, anyways? But again, you were taking something so miniscule as that too far ahead. I wasn't even talking about that. Nor was I arguing about it for that matter...

I don't not like what you believe. I simply don't care. I have tons of friends who are very much like yourself...a true Christian believer, but I could care less what they say. It's the fact that this is a topic about women and sexism and you and I are going on and on about some religion? You should use that logic to determine that I wasn't at all saying I had more rights than you, or the other way around. Besides, I don't even know where you got this, "I have more rights than you" or whatever. I said you have no right to determine my destiny and that automatically means you have no rights at all?

Sarcasm. You used it. Maybe you can...see when it's used against you?

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, we should all examine ourselves to see if joy and love dwell there or only jealousy and spite for those who do not know emptiness within themselves.

This is basically what I'm talking about...You may not be saying it directly, but you're telling me that everyone who doesn't believe in the same thing you do, are idiots. That's just spite dude...spite...

I don't believe I said anything about anyone having more 'constitutional' rights than you or me. I was merely mentioning that you have no right to be shoving your beliefs down my throat with the [seemingly] intention of making me "realize" that Christianity is the only path to the Promised Land or some crap like that. But you're still right. No one has any set right to do anything. We follow a set of rules made by some people way back when. Animals don't follow rights or anything. They follow ritual basically... Our "rights" don't mean anything, since in actuality, they're really not imprinted into the human in order to really survive in the world. All we need is food and water (and shelter and clothing.....) and that's it...but because our minds are so complex, we had to go and expand on that and make us "civilized" creatures. Who even knows what civilized is, anyways? But again, you were taking something so miniscule as that too far ahead. I wasn't even talking about that. Nor was I arguing about it for that matter...

I don't not like what you believe. I simply don't care. I have tons of friends who are very much like yourself...a true Christian believer, but I could care less what they say. It's the fact that this is a topic about women and sexism and you and I are going on and on about some religion? You should use that logic to determine that I wasn't at all saying I had more rights than you, or the other way around. Besides, I don't even know where you got this, "I have more rights than you" or whatever. I said you have no right to determine my destiny and that automatically means you have no rights at all?

Sarcasm. You used it. Maybe you can...see when it's used against you?

This is basically what I'm talking about...You may not be saying it directly, but you're telling me that everyone who doesn't believe in the same thing you do, are idiots. That's just spite dude...spite...

159233[/snapback]

Hmm... maybe you're confusing me with someone else who chained you to a wall and using a combination of torture and instructional videos forced you to adhere to their beliefs? :unsure:

I don't recall saying directly or indirectly that everyone not believing what I do is an idiot, I've simply told you my beliefs, that everyone not trusting in the righteousness of Christ to pay for their sins will have to depend on what they or others can do to get them to Heaven, and it will not be enough.

Hmm...  maybe you're confusing me with someone else who chained you to a wall and using a combination of torture and instructional videos forced you to adhere to their beliefs?  ;)
I don't recall saying directly or indirectly that everyone not believing what I do is an idiot, I've simply told you my beliefs, that everyone not trusting in the righteousness of Christ to pay for their sins will have to depend on what they or others can do to get them to Heaven, and it will not be enough.

There. you're doing it indirectly whether you know it or not. What you basically said in your last sentence was that if you aren't Christian/part of a sect of christianity, then you have no chance of getting to Heaven unless by miracles, and that even with a miracle, there's still only a .0001 percent of possiblity that you will get there.

With that said, you're telling me that Heaven and hell does exist. If I don't convert to your religion before it's to late and repent for all my sins, then I will have no way of giving my soul a chance for safe ...'living' after death.

I don't believe in Heaven, so I don't think it exists, so I don't care whether or not I get into Heaven in your superficial world.

I totaly hate sexist, biggot headed, rascist and bascially people who dont like other because they are 'Different'. So Im like the crqazy hippy, envorimentalist that pollotitions go ape over :oDid you hear about recent news, that women may be able to have a baby without any male contribution. Doctors are able to get some sort of sprem related thing out of the females bone marrow or somthing, then its injected into the womb and we can have our own babies! We can be mother and fathers, and we wouldn't need men! How freaky is that. This would mean obviously that there would only be females on Eartth!Females may be seen by men as the under goers and less important than they, but face it. We can have babies without you, you cant! Men need us to live! :DGo Women!

Did you hear about recent news, that women may be able to have a baby without any male contribution.

That reminds me of an old movie i saw, and civilization freaked out when a male appeared.

This would mean obviously that there would only be females on Eartth!

Not really. Even if the bone marrow only provided the egg with female-producing hormones (or whatever it is it provides), your statement assumes that all females would in turn become independant. I can see female homosexuals who don't want anything to do with a man jumping over this, but i don't see why heterosexuals would. Also, assuming this is quite new, the procedure to even perform such a task, i'm sure, would cost hundreds of dollars for the general public, if not more. I, personally, don't see it as something that'll in the long run become beneficial—whether it is for society or the person themselves.

We can have babies without you, you cant! Men need us to live! :o

In your first statement you said "may," which implies uncertainty. Because of this uncertainty, i'm quite sure people will be testing their theories with human life. And even if there were no birth defects because of this unnatural way of birth and assuming only women will be born from this unnatural form of birth, there will always be certain, life-sustaining jobs that would require women to exert as much work into the job as a man would. But not all women are body builders, and some only do it to show off at contests.

I am working class female. Hear me RAWR!

Obviously, you have never read the bible, or you would know that it was Adam who sealed the deal on sin entering the human race. After all, he ate the fruit second. Had he not done that, some of us could be living forever, others wouldn't be able to. And women aren't always at fault in the bible. As a matter of fact, most of the time it's a man. PETER denied Jesus. Judas betrayed Jesus. Cain killed Able. And it wasn't written by old geezers who couldn't get some. You're just not very sharp are you?

And yes, sexism isn't a huge problem in the world, however it is in the corprate world, where women only get paid a fraction of what their men coworkers get. But that's being fixed slowly but surely.

And most men I know are decent people. They see women as equal beings and treat them with the respect they deserve. Most men won't see you as a sex toy. There ARE good guys out there. Not all of them are trying to get inside of your pants. As a matter of fact most of them want to be a loving guy to you and be there for you no matter what.

This is a generalization and isn't true in all cases. Yes there are perves out there who engage in the prostitution business. But did you know that there are male prostitutes?

Think on that for a little while.

And @truefusion:

I agree with your posts alot and you give alot of food for thought when talking about Christian objectives.

However with the way that they get the embryo for stem cells, it is possible to reproduce without a male's intervention however the baby would be a clone.

Edited by Mermaid711 (see edit history)

i agree, both men and women should be treated with the same respect.. but maybe not given equal responsabilites, unless they obviously want to.. i mean your not going to get a woman to work in lets say, a warehouse moving heavy boxes, because that could potentially hurt them, etc.. we are different and have different things we are good at.. so i say we should be treated different, unless like i said we choose not to.

I hate sexism and I hate women who play that card when they don't get their way. I'm driving the car whenever we go somewhere together not because you're a woman, but because I have 6 less tickets than you. I don't ask you to cook because you're the woman and that's what women do, but because I burn everything...