xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
YungOdo

If You Had One Superpower..

If i could choose to have a super power i think i would have super speed so i can go around the world and visit all the places in one day.Being invisible to me doesn't seem that fun yea being able to go around and mess with people but after a while you will get bored real fast in my opinion.

Edited by street (see edit history)

Invisibility seems the best, but how about the ability to fly? That would be cool! You could go to any country you wanted to, get to the top of everest without effort etc. That would be the one I would chose.

Invisibility is, simply put, overkill, which is why a lot of people, including me, choose it.Also, in my humble opinion, invisibility is not a superpower that will bore its user real quick. Oh yeah, it's gonna be boring if you'll stick to the "ethics" or "unwritten rules" of supernatural abilities and limit yourself to playing pranks on people. However, if you use it to steal, spy, record blackmail material, frame someone up, kill or, generally, just be a total devil, the possibilities are what? Shall we say, endless? :DOnly thing is, if you can be invisible, what are it's limitations? Can you make other objects, your clothes, for example, invisible? Or are you gonna be parading around naked and no one will be the wiser? :P Scratch that, can you even see while invisible? 'coz light does not strike your retina but simple passes through it. Oooh, or will it not be total invisibility but only a simulated one by bending light about you?Also, keep in mind that persons in invisible modes usually are going to have a hard time crossing busy intersections :D Also, their powers will not be of much use in rainy weather, polluted environments or, generally, places where the atmosphere is chock full of particulate matter. That said, there's still a limit; invisible people can't just go anywhere but you gotta admit, there's a whole lot of places that open up to them, bathhouses not included, though :P

i would like the ability to stop time.like stop time, get on a plane, start time, go on the flight without being noticed, stop time, get of the plane. a free plane.also if your about to crash, you could stop time and get out of the car and then watch it crashyeah to stop time would be better.its like inviable but betterbut it would be nice to have bothof even better, what ever you think will happen instantly.so you could think "invisible" and you become invisible. now that would be sweet :P:D:P :P :P:D:P:D:) :) :) :) :)

Um...Anyone thinking of Heroes at the moment? :P I would love to have the power of persuasion for a day, provided that the effects would last permanently. It would be hard NOT to mess with free will though. :D I'm bad. :P

I would love to have the power of persuasion for a day, provided that the effects would last permanently. It would be hard NOT to mess with free will though. :P

Actually, invisibility is usually picked first 'coz it has the greater potential to let the user get away with murder, figuratively and, eerily enough, literally speaking :D However, if I'm gonna go bad (as if blackmail, assassination, burglary and frame-ups weren't evil enough) I'd probably choose any "kinetic" power. More specifically, the power to absolutely alter the position of certain objects relative to a reference point, effectively creating an impermeable shield, if needed be. In principle, it is just moving things around, perhaps on a molecular level like Jean Grey's Phoenix Force.

However, the principle is pretty much the same with the power of Sabaku no Gaara to move particles of sand, the mutant ability of Magneto to move metal, the paper mastery of Dokusensha's Sonny Wong, the two releases of Kuchiki Byakuya's sword, Senbonzakura and, to a limited degree, the initial release of Matsumoto Rangiku's sword, Haineko, or that of "Kamaitachi" Ikkanzaka Jiroubo, Tsunzakigarasu.

What would I do if I had any "kinetic" power? Let's just say, to hell with protecting my identity; the world's gonna pay!

Most probably, I'd put my best foot forward by going on a robbery spree until I get bored of all those cash (which is, at the moment, highly improbable) Then I'd start the ruthless murder of criminal (I'm afraid to use the sensitive word "terrorist") groups, along with a few members of the military, police force or even just civilian bystanders, just to keep me from becoming the government's lapdog :P

I'm torn between super-speed-flying and being able to stop time.On second thought, being able to stop time would be better cause you could make th day last as long as you wanted, and do anything you wanted. You would have to get to a good location first, though.

Actually, invisibility is usually picked first 'coz it has the greater potential to let the user get away with murder, figuratively and, eerily enough, literally speaking :) However, if I'm gonna go bad (as if blackmail, assassination, burglary and frame-ups weren't evil enough) I'd probably choose any "kinetic" power. More specifically, the power to absolutely alter the position of certain objects relative to a reference point, effectively creating an impermeable shield, if needed be. In principle, it is just moving things around, perhaps on a molecular level like Jean Grey's Phoenix Force.

However, the principle is pretty much the same with the power of Sabaku no Gaara to move particles of sand, the mutant ability of Magneto to move metal, the paper mastery of Dokusensha's Sonny Wong, the two releases of Kuchiki Byakuya's sword, Senbonzakura and, to a limited degree, the initial release of Matsumoto Rangiku's sword, Haineko, or that of "Kamaitachi" Ikkanzaka Jiroubo, Tsunzakigarasu.

What would I do if I had any "kinetic" power? Let's just say, to hell with protecting my identity; the world's gonna pay!

Most probably, I'd put my best foot forward by going on a robbery spree until I get bored of all those cash (which is, at the moment, highly improbable) Then I'd start the ruthless murder of criminal (I'm afraid to use the sensitive word "terrorist") groups, along with a few members of the military, police force or even just civilian bystanders, just to keep me from becoming the government's lapdog :D

I think the word you're looking for is "telekinesis." :)

And I would have to go with "psychokinesis." :P

I'm out for personal happiness here. I think I might not so much persuade a woman to love me, but to "strongly suggest" she see my better parts. :D It would be a hell of a lot easier if people didn't judge by looks right off the back, not to mention that I'm wicked shy. I could also persuade bankers to give me money, walk into a store and ask for things, go into a museum and ask if everyone could leave so I could enjoy it myself, organize a party and persuade people to come hang out with me regardless of their plans, etc.

But then again it's messing with free will in some of these cases... which makes for a rather pathetic and isolating use of power. :P

I could just simply ask a multi-millionaire to give some money to me though. And widely televise for all terrorists and criminals to kill themselves. And suggest world peace. :)

I guess it be a toss up between the ability to fly, be invisible, or the ability play music anywhere and everywhere that I desire. I suppose it would be very tempting to use such powers for evil by the same time it would also be very handy. Does anybody watch heroes? I suppose having such powers would also mean having more responsibilities and having to save people's lives. But then again I suppose it's a small price to pay for being able to have extraordinary powers that not everybody else would have.

i would like the ability to stop time.
like stop time, get on a plane, start time, go on the flight without being noticed, stop time, get of the plane. a free plane.

also if your about to crash, you could stop time and get out of the car and then watch it crash

yeah to stop time would be better.

its like inviable but better

but it would be nice to have both

of even better, what ever you think will happen instantly.

so you could think "invisible" and you become invisible. now that would be sweet
:D:P:P:P:D:P:D:):):):):):P

i would have to aggree with megabytemb. what ever you think would instantly happen. that would be pretty sweet but you would have to be carefull of what you think lol :D .
megabytemb practly read my mind when it comes to this question. lol

I would like the ability to imitate other abilities, so I can have invisibility, super speed, but I doubt that I can have them all at the same time.I always wanted the ability to imitate other abilities

While there are many that are tempting like the ability to fly (explore the world, cool air or just a love of flying), invisibility (see bits where you never seen before.. no, not THAT FAR:P), super strength but minus the kryptonite :P (Superman anyone?), melt into liquid (alex mack anyone?). I'd have to say the ability to stop time, like on the Simpsons halloween episode where Bart and Millhouse gets a stopwatch that 'stops' time, and where they get to mess around with things before continuing time. Furthermore there has been TV shows where some hero has to stop a particular event from happening, I cant remember the name of the show, but the story of the show is where a bloke gets 'tommorow's' newspaper.. Today.