xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

Forget Iphone , Gphone Is Here .

This is something interesting i found on the net , a few days abcak , i am not sure whether the news is true ., but as far as the news and blogs i went through , i think is google is coming up with gPHONE, something of a killer phone which competes with iphone.,
look at the pics ,

Google Phone Concept

Google gPhone Phone concept

Google gPhone Phone interface for search and earth

gphone-spain.jpg

Google Phone Concept

Image courtesy of T3

Google phone is coming, believe it or not

People who have seen Google's prototype devices say they aren't as revolutionary as the iPhone. One was likened to a slim Nokia Corp. phone with a keyboard that slides out. Another phone format presented by Google looked more like a Treo or a BlackBerry. It's not clear which manufacturers might build Google wireless devices, though people familiar with the project say LG Electronics Co. of South Korea is one company that has held talks with Google. Google has already lined up a series of hardware component and software partners and signaled to carriers that it's open to various degrees of cooperation on their part, the people say.

â

New pictures of the Google Phone: Survey reveals more info about Google phone?

New Google Phone picture
google-phone.jpg

Its nothing new, google has been in talks about designing a phone for a year now with word that a prototype has been floating around but no one has seen anything except for now and eew is all I have to say about that.

Don't count google out just yet. They have a variety of business going for them. Their search engine is the most used search engine in the world, they have their a chat service, their own e-mail setup which filters spam by scanning for keywords, they own youtube, they have their own mapping system, they have their own satellite pictures of Earth (Google Earth), Google Apps, and more! So don't be so quick to knock google out of the competition with it's GPhone.

That will take a while, until we finally see a decent prototype, add about a year to that and maybe then... we will have the google phone. I dont know if it will really work out, google is trying to expand to many areas, I dont think they will be as good at them since they wont be able to focus on all of them, I doubt they will ever beat the Iphone, apple has years of experience building products, their design is really nice though quite expensive. I think the google phone will sort of be like what the iriver is to the ipod.

News to me. Microsoft is also developing a phone but they don't have a carrier.The looks of it are thin and breakable. I see things that could go wrong but with everything google has (Earth, Search, ECT.) it should come out.Who will use the phone? T-Mobile, Verizon?Looks like a small IPOD or PDA.

News to me. Microsoft is also developing a phone but they don't have a carrier.
The looks of it are thin and breakable.

I really don't like the idea of a phone crashing (it WILL crash because it came from Microsoft). I sure hope that they provide some sort of cables to hook it to the computer and an installation CD. Also, there would also be a new breed of phone viruses, which we have never seen before. It better have some sort of warrenty because I am sure the actual components of the phone are going to fry as well (remember the problems with the Xbox 360).
Edited by tigercat (see edit history)

This is one among the lots of hoaxes happening in the forums. How can google suddenly come up with such a solution. If there is something like that, why wont google officially announce about such a stuff to the world. Lets not create unnecessary hoaxes like this till google officialy tells us something about this......

This is something interesting i found on the net , a few days abcak , i am not sure whether the news is true ., but as far as the news and blogs i went through , i think is google is coming up with gPHONE, something of a killer phone which competes with iphone.,

look at the pics ,

Google Phone Concept

Google gPhone Phone concept

Google gPhone Phone interface for search and earth

Posted Image

Google Phone Concept

Image courtesy of T3

Google phone is coming, believe it or not

New pictures of the Google Phone: Survey reveals more info about Google phone?

New Google Phone picture

Posted Image

okie , thnks for pointing it out , i tried using the quotes in the beginning, but i guess i must have not set it right. seems like i need to learn a lotta things here,,

cheers mate. :XD:

This is one among the lots of hoaxes happening in the forums. How can google suddenly come up with such a solution. If there is something like that, why wont google officially announce about such a stuff to the world. Lets not create unnecessary hoaxes like this till google officialy tells us something about this......

hey cheers mate.
firstly i dont know whether this is hoax or rumours, what i found out i tried to post it.
secondly if a compnay like google comes up with a good phone. isnt it the consumer who is gonna benefit at the end?

think abt it,

cheers.

How about making that phone free supported by ADs .. LOL! Just like their Search, Gmail and Google Earth! :XD:

How about making that phone free supported by ADs .. LOL! Just like their Search, Gmail and Google Earth! :)

yeah , wonderful idea , and they can have service like "ADSMS" , similar to adsense. if anyone clicks on the ads sent thro sms ,, u get paid. i would be quite a revolution. But it would be more sort of an mms than a SMS , gotta have grps enabled.

or 3G for instance ,, Lotta scope in the future.
my personal opinion is google should soon come out with its own operating system ..

may be after a few years we could see.. Goooooooogle Loading insteafd of XP,VISTA,OR mac os.

:D :XD: :D

Well, I would be really looking forward to the GPhone as I didn't quite much like the Aple iPhone neither did I find it worth the money. If it's really good and really practical without much added gloss then I would definitely give it a try.It's Google so I am sure they will probably come up with something really good. Even though what I see in the screenshots still don't appeal me, I'll wait for this and if it ever happens I would be quite eager to get my hands on it! :)

Well, I would be really looking forward to the GPhone as I didn't quite much like the Aple iPhone neither did I find it worth the money. If it's really good and really practical without much added gloss then I would definitely give it a try.

It's Google so I am sure they will probably come up with something really good. Even though what I see in the screenshots still don't appeal me, I'll wait for this and if it ever happens I would be quite eager to get my hands on it! :)

Hi there , may be u ll like this iphone clone , called minione .people are calling this as the chinese iphone.

Posted Image

These information are all fake information that are floating around in lots of blogs and arcticles in the internet. Google would surely oficially announce about any new stufs like this. By the way google being a web services company. How can they suddenly come up with an all new mobile phone. it is perfectly impossible. May be google is tying up with some mobile manufacturer to provide some google software platform in mobile phones.

Google, the nearly $13.5 billion search engine major, is believed to be a fortnight away from the worldwide launch of its much-awaited Google Phone (Gphone) and has started talks with service providers in India for an exclusive launch on one of their networks.
Talks are believed to be taking place with Bharti Airtel [Get Quote]and Vodafone Essar, respectively India's first and third largest mobile telephony operators, and state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam.

Sources close to the development said a simultaneous launch across the US and Europe is expected, and announcements would be sent to media firms in India and other parts of the world. US regulatory approval, which is expected soon, is the only hurdle that Google is waiting to cross, they added. Google plans to invest $7-8 billion for its global telephony foray.

In India, it is also believed to be in talks with Indian providers to offer data and content and platforms including Instant Messaging (IM) and Search functions. However, these could not be confirmed.

A Google spokesperson said, "We don't comment on market rumour or speculation. However, Google is committed to providing users with access to the world's information, and mobile becomes more important to those efforts every day. We're collaborating with partners worldwide to bring Google search and applications to mobile users everywhere. However, we have nothing to announce at this time."

Reports of the Internet major getting into handset manufacturing as an answer to Apple's iPhone has been doing rounds in cyberspace and international media for some time. These reports suggest that Google has developed a prototype that will hit the markets in a year's time. The US-based company has neither confirmed nor denied these reports. The Wall Street Journal too had reported that Google had invested "hundreds of millions of dollars" in the project and was involved in discussions with US-based T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless.

Globally, Google is likely to participate in the upcoming auction for 700 MHz spectrum for which it is prepared to spend up to $4.6 billion. The firm is also introducing ads to YouTube videos which could be replicated on mobile phones. Ironically, Google recently partnered Apple to produce services such as e-mail and maps for its iPhone handset. And Eric Schmidt, Google's chief executive, said recently that more Google services for the iPhone would be rolled out.

SOURCE:http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/aug/24gphone.htm

Yay Rediff says the GPhone will also come to India!!!! Since we don't have the AT&T network here, 98% Indians must not have seen the iphone!

PS:I hope I've got the quotes right