xisto Community
mabhishekjhawar

Emerging Market: India What does india have to offer?

India , is one of the fastest growing economies in the world today. This is one country which is booming in all the fields ., be it information technology,automobiles,and the famous outsourcing.I m here to share a business idea, which i guess i cant start since i dont have enough capital to invest nor do i have the necessary programing skill to start a business. The Online Shopping business is booming in india where the working class dont find enough time to purchase stuffs. i planned to open a website for similar thing about online shopping , be it airtickets,mobiles,t-shirts,gadgets, all the major stuffs are nowadys bought online. Only thing u need is a good partner who can supply u good are a good price ,through which u can attract the customer. there are hardly few site which are so popular, even ebay is not tat good to attact people because most people are afraid of frauds or being cheated. Recently pc world awarded FUTUREBAZAAR as one of the best online shopping portal .but when u compare the prices with the street market u ll find it much costlier, but because of its brand and user friendly website it won the confidence of the public and most of them shop online.,indiatimes is another good site to look into but these site dont offer much to consumers in return.is there any other online shopping portal which is better than ebay , or can be experimented in india,ideas wil be deeply appreciated. regardsabhishek

India , is one of the fastest growing economies in the world today. This is one country which is booming in all the fields ., be it information technology,automobiles,and the famous outsourcing.

I m here to share a business idea, which i guess i cant start since i dont have enough capital to invest nor do i have the necessary programing skill to start a business. The Online Shopping business is booming in india where the working class dont find enough time to purchase stuffs. i planned to open a website for similar thing about online shopping , be it airtickets,mobiles,t-shirts,gadgets, all the major stuffs are nowadys bought online. Only thing u need is a good partner who can supply u good are a good price ,through which u can attract the customer. there are hardly few site which are so popular, even ebay is not tat good to attact people because most people are afraid of frauds or being cheated. Recently pc world awarded FUTUREBAZAAR as one of the best online shopping portal .but when u compare the prices with the street market u ll find it much costlier, but because of its brand and user friendly website it won the confidence of the public and most of them shop online.,indiatimes is another good site to look into but these site dont offer much to consumers in return.

is there any other online shopping portal which is better than ebay , or can be experimented in india,

ideas wil be deeply appreciated.

regards

abhishek

Everything is fine. But the problem begins where the idea starts.Actually.this idea also came across me.As you said people are fearful in India to pay online (fear of fraud) .And internet penetration is not high though it is increasing exponentially .Till then you can only target the upper class of society.But it is important for the success in India to have a strong off line collaboration .

For air ticket makemytrip.com and indiatimes is trying to sell everything online.

So,as a start up it all depends on how will you compete with Big-boss?Have you a real great idea to beat the prices of indiatimes.com ,ebay.FUTUREBAZAR...

NOBODY FAILED.

THEY JUST STOPPED TRYING

I m here to share a business idea, which i guess i cant start since i dont have enough capital to invest nor do i have the necessary programing skill to start a business.

You do not need any program skill to start a website like this. There are scripts out there that you can purchase that allow you to do all the necessary things. It just wont be unique. Ebay is a website which rely on its members to sell items to other members right?(I've never actually been there). If you want to start your own auction site like that, its actually not that expensive.

You do not need any program skill to start a website like this. There are scripts out there that you can purchase that allow you to do all the necessary things. It just wont be unique. Ebay is a website which rely on its members to sell items to other members right?(I've never actually been there). If you want to start your own auction site like that, its actually not that expensive.

Can you gimme details about such scripts. :XD:

I agree with your opinion, and it is a fact, India is growing fast, specially in informatics and medicine, they do create good professionals in those areas, everybody knows that they produce good computers technicians and good doctors, but they do create more then that, they have good hospitals too, their method of doings things is modern and sheep for the europeans and north americans.But, they still have many huge problems to solve, and they must not forget them or put them on the second plan or secondary things to do, and that applies to all countries, rich and poor.

I agree with your opinion, and it is a fact, India is growing fast, specially in informatics and medicine, they do create good professionals in those areas, everybody knows that they produce good computers technicians and good doctors, but they do create more then that, they have good hospitals too, their method of doings things is modern and sheep for the europeans and north americans.
But, they still have many huge problems to solve, and they must not forget them or put them on the second plan or secondary things to do, and that applies to all countries, rich and poor.

hey lyon ,
i do agree our country has major prob , one such prob is slow decision making policy by the govt.
and today this slow decision cost us huge loss of investment , from intel.

around $3bn worth of investment was just lost ..

India Waits ,,, China Roars //

Look at this news
KEEP WAITING INDIA ,LETS MOVE TO CHINA

I agreeEmerging Market: India

Yes I agree to you.The development in the field of internet is exponentially growing but the embrassing thing is that the customers are not adapting it in their day  today life.It is not meant for the upper society but, the online shopping can be enjoyed by all sections of society.

I can suggest you a site, which my friend suggested me I.E, Infibeam.Com that offers gifts to India that too with Free shipping in India and does offers the discounts on the festival occasions.For Eg, on this Rakhi Occasion it announced that on using Code EARLYRAKHI2009 at check out you can get 10% discount on Rakhi, rakhi thali, rakhi sweets & on all Rakhi Products but the Offer is Valid till 20 July 2009.Likewise, are the offers on various occasions.

Thanks.