xisto Community
Unstoppable

Experience Ps3?

I would like to hear some comments, pros and cons from Playstation 3. I don't really know anyone that has 1. Also I would like a comparison with the previous version, Playstation 2.I'm planning on buying 1, but I'm still having doubt...

The PS3 has vastly improved graphics and performance compared to the PS2. You don't really see it until you hook it up to a decent HD TV, but it does make a massive difference. It also works well as for holding your music and photos to send through any good sound equipment you have, or just to show your photos on your TV.The controller has a nice feature for controlling games, where tilting the controller forwards, backwards, sideways, up, down or in virtually any direction performs actions. For example, in most driving games, turning the controller causes your vehicle to turn. Its great as most people naturally move the controller to match the movements on screen - you just have to be careful not to overdo it :XD:At the moment there isn't a vast range of games, especially if you already have an XBox 360, as a lot of the current games have just been ported across. However, come September / October, there should be a lot more games released on the PS3. The web browser is great, and I was surprised that most sites actually render fairly well in it. You will find some features of certain websites don't work, but they are few and far between.What really swings it is the ability to run Linux on it. Make sure you set it up before you start loading loads of music, pictures and all sorts on your PS3 (to save making backups). All you have to do is download a Linux distribution for the PS3 and put the disk in. As long as you have a USB keyboard and mouse then you have a fully functioning, very high spec PC connected to a massive screen! Its certainly something to consider - compare the spec of the PS3 to similarly priced PCs and you should be pleasantly surprised.If there are any specific questions you want to ask about it, feel free and I'll do my best to answer them.

At the moment I'm stuck with a rather old TV, so I guess the graphics will likely be the same as on PS2 (not that bad imo), am I right? And the controller is still the same i hope(so I wont have to buy a new one :XD:). I'd like to buy the next serie of Dynasty Warriors (which will be the 6th), do you know anything about it not mentioned on any popular gaming forum (been there :)), I would really appreciate that ^^.

Originally we had the PS3 hooked up to a 15" portable TV. One of my friends said it was like buying a Ferarri and putting it in the body of a Vauxhall - you've got the power, but not the looks. The graphics, on any larger screened TV (24" upwards) are fairly clear, but its a massive leap going to HD. On our little TV the text was slightly blurred and difficult to read at times, but thats just because the TV was so small.The controllers, unfortunately are different. They are wireless, connect via USB (to charge) and have no DualShock rumble effect. They're the same shape and design as the PS2, and even as the PSX and PS1, but older controllers (as far as I'm aware) don't work with the PS3.As for the Dynasty Warriors game, sorry, but I don't know a lot about it.