xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
My First Alias

What It Means To Be Fit... A must read

What it means to be fit
What does the term "fitness" mean to you? To some people, it may mean following a regular exercise routine. To others, it may mean being well toned or muscular. It may mean eating a balanced diet. And still to others, it can mean the ability to excel in athletics or other physical challenges.

Being fit ultimately refers to your own optimal health and overall well being. Fitness pertains to all aspects of your life - physical, emotional and mental. When you are fit, you have:
ˇ Stamina and a positive outlook that enable you to handle the mental and emotional challenges of everyday life
ˇ Physical strength and endurance to protect yourself in an emergency situations (e.g., leaving a burning building quickly; protecting yourself against an attacker)
ˇ Reduced risk for many health problems, such as heart disease, cancer and diabetes
. The opportunity to look and feel your best; a better chance for a longer and healthier life.

I don't believe I am there yet. But I can tell you - I am definitely in the ball park!

note: i did not write this. It can be found here by the real author.
What it means to be fit...

I just thought that everybody should read this and understand it and live by it.
I really thought that it pulled out the main ideas of what fitness is.
To me, being in shape isn't less fat or better looks, its a way to feal better.
I feel much better when I am active and in shape, then when im not.
I think everybody should understand that being healthy is for yourself, and makes you cleaner and healther

Hi friends,According to me being fit means its just not having a good physical body structure, its the state of once inner body , i mean the inner metabolism, some may look lean but yet they may be fit , on the other hand some may look fat and heavy but they may be weak, and another important thing is that to have a sound mind, one should have a sound mind in oder to be fit.