xisto Community
m4rk0551

Reflective Text For Photoshop

1: Open up your canvas with the text on it. Duplicate the text layer.

2: Then go Edit>Transform>flip vertical

3. You ratserize the text layer.

4. then you take the rectanglar marqee tool, and make selection over the text (the duplicated one)about half ways up of the text

5. Then right click > feather > put about 5px. Now press delete. And there you go, reflective text

You'll get something like this

Posted Image

or even better. :XD:

Good. I'll tell people how to do it in Fireworks.1. Write your text with the text tool. Copy the text layer and do NOT apply step 2 to it until I say.2. Apply whatever filters you want to it. This will make your text a bitmap. If you don't want to use filters you can go to Hue/Saturation, then press okay without clicking on anything.3. Flip your other text layer upside down. Then use the gradient tool - the first color being the color that the text layer originally was, and the second being the color of the background. Move and manipulate the gradient so that the text layer looks like the color of your text on top and the color of the background on the bottom.4. Move the flipped layer down using the arrow key for precision close to the bottom. Apply the filters you chose for your original text layer.5. You're done!

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

Nice tutorial, I liked how you kept it simple, I wish it had more pictures though

I love to see the simple tuts on here that have a really good effect when used properly. This will help the newbies to photoshop add some good text to there work. Good post.

Nice tutorial i might use this i want to learn how to do the water reflection effect with imagesi think i had a filter for that before but forgot what it was called..

1: Open up your canvas with the text on it. Duplicate the text layer.

2: Then go Edit>Transform>flip vertical

3. You ratserize the text layer.

4. then you take the rectanglar marqee tool, and make selection over the text (the duplicated one)about half ways up of the text

5. Then right click > feather > put about 5px. Now press delete. And there you go, reflective text

You'll get something like this

Posted Image

or even better. :P

i can't understand :P:D