xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
technobot

Greetings And Well Met introductions.

Hello all. I found this forum community today and find it very interesting. I am a Linux user and have been using Ubuntu Linux for over three years now thought I dual boot with XP I find I do not use it much.I am studying python programming which is a good programming language to learn for some one that does not know programming.I am also trying to learn advanced web site design so I can make database web sites etc. I look forward to meeting all you on this forum CheersTom

Thats good to hear from a fellow Canadian. I am curious of your age, a bit more of your location and maybe more of a story from you... education ect. I really like to meet the computer users and enthusiasts because I am one myself. While I am a XP Power user, and completely noob to the *nix setup, there are a few interesting posts you are going to find on this forum.

I'm not into advanced web design... I enjoy coding HTML/CSS with notepad, and doing some minor graphics with photoshop. I have alot to learn. I have learned QBasic, Turing, Holts Java (ew), and some minor Visual Basic. I really have no need, but those were simply introduction courses I have taken so far in highschool. I plan on taking web design related courses in college next year. I would really love to learn and master PHP aswell, perhaps even some web based java.

Anyway, to the obstacles... you should read the "Read me" guide to Xisto... if you have any questions, instead of asking right away, take a quick breeze through the read-me and you'll learn alot of how Xisto works. Anyway, good to see another programmer/designer in the forums.

Oh yea, and here are some interesting topics you might like...
http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?shoh+firefox+addon - An addon for firefox/IE7 that allows you to search Xisto in the google bar! :XD:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/35196-why-linux-cant-be-and-not-equal-to-windows-linux-windows/ - Why linux and windows can not be compared. Amazing post!

9Block - Please refrain from asking users about there personal details. This is a verbal warning, don't let it happen again.Welcome to the forums technobot, enjoy your stay.

Hey, welcome to trap 17. You sound a bit like me actually :) I'm learning Ruby, also a good language for new programmers, and I'm also learning Server-side scripting and such. However, I'm a gamer and game designer so I stick with windows :XD: