xisto Community
Thorn

Google Vs *other Search Engine* Which is the best???

I prefer google because its fast and has many features, nice simple and clean design. With not many huge annoying advertisments. Its loads fast, because there are less images and things to load. With google you can do many things. You can use "define:" to define a word. You can use google's calculator. Note these are all built in the search engine. This is why i prefer GOOGLE :P

Edited by craz (see edit history)

Google could be the best but there is also crawler, lycos, dogpile, yahoo and many more, plus there could be many more search engines popping up as we speak.But Google is the most common for now, who knows, some other search engine might take its place. :P

Based on my site's analytics, Google is definitely the cream of the crop, for example searching for 'dark theme bartelme widget' would probably land my site in their search results, but put just one of the search terms in it and you won't find my site listed. On the other hand if you were to use Live, you would find my site listed with just one of those search terms like for e.g. dark, which makes no sense at all considering that there must be a zillion sites on the web which has the keyword dark in it.

Popularity causes search engines to become better. The more a search engine is used, the more its crawlers can spread. The more sites is submitted, the more its indexing is complete. Thus, taking into account these points, there is but two that really stands out. Maybe three.Google. It started big, and still is. Many people use it, and because of that, it grows even larger.Yahoo. It had a great backing, and soon became a hit with its search capabilities. MSN? It's kinda a forced one used by people too lazy to change their default homepage back.

their results are ALWAYS accurate, and they have a wicked logo. changes for different time of the year :P. they also have a startpage for Firefox. with the firfox logo. they are also WAY faster to search with. over all, i like google way better than teh other. for above metioned reasons :P