xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kuberan_swe

Try Mac Os X Tiger In Your Intel Machine About using Mac OS X on intel machines and even AMD

Mac OS X Tiger on Intel Machines

Mac OS X is best know for its UI and simple to use Operating System.

The fact that Mac OS X runs only on PPC(Power PC) made the Mac OS X very less popular.

Now Apple Inc. has ported its OS X operating system also to the Intel Architecture.

The Mac OS X for x86(intel) architecture works only in intel machines sold by Apple Inc.

There are also lost of patched OS X 86 which works on any intel machine. All you got to do is download and install the OS X 86 on your machine and then apply the patches later.

Applying patches manually will work only for the experts.

There are lots of patched Mac distributions which has patches embedded into the installation binary itself. So that during your installation the appropriate patches can be selected based on your hardware components.

Jas OS X is a distribution that provides this patches by default.

http://www.osx86project.org/

this is the link for the open source project which deals with patching the intel Mac for all hardware vendors.

It even works on AMD.

Ppl who are interested in trying Mac OS X..... have great fun.....

can ask here if you have any doubts in it.

this is actually pretty good, but my suggestion is for those of you who can build pc's, this is a a great project to try. build a test ec and run osx on it, it actually runs great on intel, have not tried using AMD y et but as far as the intel chips go,, they are working great and OSX is running fantastic. as far as how it all happens and how exactly to do it, well ill need to get my friend to post all that info, sinc ehe's the brains on that end..

About time something like this has happened. MAC being closed based operating system now able to be installed on the intel architecture will def increase the amount of people using MAC. I myself was not a fan of MAC but used it once or twice and have to agree that it is one heck of an operating system with very good functionality and features. I'll definately try it and prolly might post my experience on the forum too. One question I may raise here is that are there any driver issues on the platform as to my best knowledge, hardware vendors still not support the MAC architecture in their driver lists.

I've been using Windows for a very long time, right from the Windows 3.11, but I always fascinated in owning a Mac, I love the cool interface and the usability in Macintosh applications.I was overjoyed when Apple decided to use the X86 powered systems for its newer Mac OS. I've been looking for the best solution to install the Mac in my X86 system and experience the cool Mac OS, thanks a lot for sharing this resource, I'll try this and get the Mac OS installed in my PC.