xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punisher12

Best Snes Games Of All Time.

I have a lot of favorites, Chrono Trigger would have to be the best SNES RPG I've played, though I haven't played many. I personally think it's better than FF7, of course, I'm not exactly a fan of Final Fantasy either, the "Tales of" series is WAY better! Legend of Zelda: Link to the past was also awesome, best adventure game for the SNES I'd say. :lol:

Street Fighter 2, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger. In my opinion I believe these were the best game of Snes all time. A few more that could fall under this list would be like Donkey Kong Country series, Super Mario Kart and Star Ocean. But then again I wasn't really a big fan of the Snes as I didn't actually own one but had to go over a friends house to play. Nes is my original system and fave comparing to the newer nintendo systems.

Final fantasy 3 (6) was the best game ever made on any counsel. 2 was also good but I have to say chrono trigger is second only to ff3. Street fighter 2 started a whole new world with fighting games. I'm a sucker for world domination so I had to of rented Civilization 20 times before my parents bought it for me. I think the most underated and overlooked game for snes was Uncharted Waters : New Horizons. Now I know it has its flaws, and the graphics are to be desired, but man I would pull some all nighters in grade school when that came out lol. Its been mentioned but its awesome so ya, Zelda is one of the best. And whoever mentioned Lufia II rise of the sinistrals is my hero. Oh and sim city. Build up your world then burn it to the ground, what can be more fun? 

-reply by Warmech

I can't say which is the best, but based on the ones I've played, these are my favorites:Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past:In my opinion, this is the best of the Legend of Zelda saga. The game lets you roam so much, there's a lot to do, and it's a load of fun. The puzzles are good in that they don't take up a whole lot of your time, but remain somewhat challenging. I had a lot of fun with this game, oh the memories...Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island:A brilliant platformer with great graphics. The music was great too, my favorite was the cave music first featured in the stage: "Cave of mystery." The bosses were fun, the levels were good. The difficulty was average, but it was hard to get %100 on everything, and when you did you got great rewards. You could play a level three times and still discover new things about it. Again, I had tons of fun with this game.Kirby Super Star:This game was fun both alone and with a friend. Easily my favorite multiplayer experience on the SNES. There were so many abilities, and since there were seven games and three minigames on it, there was no shortage of content to make the replay value nice and high. The music and graphics were vibrant and memorable. Another great SNES game.Chrono Trigger:Well, I didn't really get to play this as a kid, as we... *Ahem* ... Lost it... But I've played it recently, and it's a beautiful game. The sprites and scenery are exceedingly detailed, it almost makes you feel sorry for the spriters who put so much work into even the smallest object. The characters are highly likable, especially Frog, he's the best. The music was great, again, and the gameplay was excellent. I think the Chrono series games are Square's best, (over Final Fantasy) and Chrono Trigger was the best in that (two game) series. :lol:Super Mario RPG:It was cool to see Mario out of his element and in an RPG; it was also cool to see how well pulled off it went. As a matter of fact, it went so well, they proceeded to make the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi games based on that same Mario RPG thing. Once again, great characters, great graphics, (way ahead of their time) memorable music, this is starting to get redundant, no?Star Fox:I beat it for the first time at four years of age. This was possibly the game I played the most in my earliest years. It was loads of fun, there weren't a whole lot of games like it at the time, so it was very different. For the SNES, everything seemed so realistic. The control was excellent, and I loved the satisfaction you'd get when blowing up an enemy aircraft. Of course, nowadays games like this are a dollar a dozen, but for it's time it was amazing. :PThat's pretty much it. The Super Nintendo sure had a lot of gems. I'd like to see the newer consoles have some of the same charm these older games had; there's good stuff here.

I would have to do this categorically, with some having multiple winners.

Best RPGs (3 way tie)

-Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past (my original SNES deck came with this game so maybe I'm biased)

-Secret of Mana II (It was a Japan-only release but there's translated ROMs out there.)

-Final Fantasy III (or 6 depending on if you owned a PS1 or not)

Best Platforming

-Super Metroid (My personal record is 3:08 with 85 percent items.)

-Super Mario World (a staple!)

-SMW2: Yoshi's Island (Colorful, a fun art style, and egg tossing.  Just get rid of baby mario's crying sound...)

-Actraiser 1 and 2 (You play a God! End of argument!)

-Battletoads and Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team (They sure as s*&$ weren't lying when they came up with the title.)

Best Puzzle

-Tetris Attack (8x Skill Chaining FTW)

-reply by Tanko

Its beautiful how the love for the snes is so great I personally was in love with the snes as a child and to this day still am

1.  Mega Man X2

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Demons Crest

3. Final Fantasy 6

4. Secret of Mana 2

-reply by The MightyBoosher

<p>Its beautiful how the love for the snes is so great I personally was in love with the snes as a child and to this day still am</p><p>1.  Mega Man X2</p><p>2. Chrono Trigger</p><p>3. Demons Crest</p><p>3. Final Fantasy 6</p><p>4. Secret of Mana 2</p>-reply by The MightyBoosher<p> </p>

I'm just really sad that no one has ever mentioned 7th Saga! the game the frikin RPG that made you wonder what the heck just happend? how to get past the next part to get past the next part it seems takes you 2 years and when you find out what to do you feel stupid becuase it was simple but yet most wouldn't think about that also its so unforgiving gah it just makes you wana put a bullseye in your room and bash your skull into it everytime you screw up becuase the wrong screw up will screw up the game for you from that point on... any way I would just like to give another title

Most Unforgiving Game
TV SCREAMER AWARD!
The 7th Saga

I'm just really sad that no one has ever mentioned 7th Saga! the game the frikin RPG that made you wonder what the heck just happend? how to get past the next part to get past the next part it seems takes you 2 years and when you find out what to do you feel stupid becuase it was simple but yet most wouldn't think about that also its so unforgiving gah it just makes you wana put a bullseye in your room and bash your skull into it everytime you screw up becuase the wrong screw up will screw up the game for you from that point on... any way I would just like to give another title
Most Unforgiving Game
TV SCREAMER AWARD!
The 7th Saga

I Haven't played this 7th Saga game yet but it sounds kind of stressful. Taking two years to get past one part, banging your head against the wall, and one mistake ruining the whole game? I think I am going to sample it out of mere curiosity, but it does sound like a title for a video game masochist.

Anyways, everyone else said all of my faves already. My personal fave though is probably Super Mario RPG. Good story, great graphics, challenging but not impossible, imaginative, fun minigames, the list goes on. Mario teaming up with bowser to defeat a greater evil? Genius