xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dungeon Master

My Gaming Complaints Rant-away

I am growing tired of playing Gunz online and being called a noob and being mocked on. It simply irritates me so much that i cant enjoy playing my favorite game. It also bothers me that most gamers take games so seriously. They take it so much they even create their own realm where your not accepted if you cant level up. Theirs endless merchandise that keep their little realm going. I by no way insulting any gamer, im just quite tired of encountering Halo fans over Xbox live. They were the reason why i stop playing Halo. I couldnt believe that theirs actual books that further more the story. I thought to myself when i saw them, " Isnt enough with just playing the game?" Even when ive heard of a movie coming out, i almost decided to give up on gaming forever. I hate how every where i go and say i dont like Halo im looked at as if im an alien. It seems that when a good franchise comes out the creators decide to milk it dry. Until they create something that gradually decays from its foundation.

Turn of chat and play the game. I personally play GunZ and many people call me a newbie even though it is very ironic that they say so considering they're still only on the second bracket. I just turn chat off because it's not really important even in team battles. Nobody has anything worthwhile to say except for accusing decent players of being hackers.

Turn of chat and play the game. I personally play GunZ and many people call me a newbie even though it is very ironic that they say so considering they're still only on the second bracket. I just turn chat off because it's not really important even in team battles. Nobody has anything worthwhile to say except for accusing decent players of being hackers.

I am going to keep that in mind and turn off chat once and for all. I am hating having to be called a sprayer or a noob. People sometimes take the game way too seriously.

Yeah they do. Its like Runescape. If you do something wrong, they call you a noob. I personally dont like it. They have no right to call you a noob, if they do that, they're just noobs themselves. Trying to bring themselves up by bringing other people down. Just because people have trouble doing something another person doesnt or they arent leveled up as much, doesnt give them thr right to call you a noob. So, yeah, just turn off the chat and play.

The other thing that i cant stand is the clans. I understand once in a while playing in teams but why spoil the fun and take it further. Clans are fun sometimes but clan competition lead up to more irritating events. But i guess its just me.

I normally don't call people noobs - mostly friends just teasing. Usually when I notice a noob I try to give them tips here and there (if im in the good mood). But occasionally I will lose my temper, lets say if the noob is the reason why I am dead. Sometimes a noob flashbang/grenade/or TK can really kill your buzz.

Yeah they do. Its like Runescape. If you do something wrong, they call you a noob. I personally dont like it. They have no right to call you a noob, if they do that, they're just noobs themselves. Trying to bring themselves up by bringing other people down. Just because people have trouble doing something another person doesnt or they arent leveled up as much, doesnt give them thr right to call you a noob. So, yeah, just turn off the chat and play.

Very true, what I have also found is you get called a noob if you don't even play the game!!! that's right, you say runescape isn't really that great, I mean the graphics are aweful and it's simply full of little kids and botting chinese farmers, and you get noobed :P
I hear you're point about halo. I havn't played halo or halo2 nor did I enjoy the beta of Halo3 much at all! Those games are simply full of hardcore gamers.

The tip of a lifetime, find a Brand New game that has just been released that looks good and get it. Delve into it! That way you can get over veteran players who are tired of giving out tips.
Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

People will call you noob whether what you do. I think its simply because they are way too addicted. They just take it too seriously. You get called noob in real life too. Theres nothing wrong with playing games like that but people are way too serious and bring it into real life. Yes, annoying.

I'm no game addict but I think I know what I say when I claim that not all game addicts are "destroyed" by computer games, as most addictions are wont to do. Actually, some of these addictions, harnessed the right way, could "enhance" an individual in certain aspects of his/her life.

Yeah, you've all heard of those cheesy stories about people finding love or their soulmate(s) in an online game so I won't regale you with those. Instead, allow me to describe a close friend of mine. He used to be severely disinterested in mathematics. Indeed, his grades were just slightly above passing. However, he soon became addicted to Philippine Ragnarok Online, a graphic MMORPG. In addition, he was also obsessed with Kings of Chaos, a webpage-based online strategy game. It was during these times that he became interested in mathematics. More than that, stats like luck, probability and chances like critical strikes, hit or evade, had him taking up a subject in statistics. He used what he learned to calculate the maximum possible average damage output and attain it in the shortest possible amount of time. (He had to pay for Ragnarok online so money was also a priority)

Well, I gotta admit, it's a very petty reason to study but it worked, nonetheless. Although I'd like to warn you people that, when I claim gaming addiction can have some nice benefits, it's probably a statement not meant for everyone. Not all people, I believe, has the same sanity and sensible priorities as he did :P

No, he does not call anyone noob; let's face it, we've all been through that stage. Nobody is born lvl 50, right?

For the rest, I'm sure you also heard about improved reflexes and hand-eye coordination. Personally, I also believe that some games can be like books. You can sometimes glean a few nuggets of wisdom, though that may be very rare. Also, you get to learn something, not because you were playing but because you're interacting with other people. Granted, it's a simulated online virtual environment but learning how to deal with noob-bashers, or bashers, in general can give you an edge when dealing with difficult people offline later on.

If those bashers really annoy you (meaning, people who needlessly insult other people, not those weapons that stun you) that they totally ruin the game, then leave. You don't have to stand for it. Just know that, when dealing with difficult people, you can either shun them and leave the game, which is kinda enjoyable to them, to a certain degree, or just ignore them and continue with your life, which will most probably piss them off. So what if they call you noob and they're right? Should you, as a perfectly sane, rational and sensible person, really be affected? Or will you just chalk it up to experience and get on with your life as those bashers hopelessly grovel at people's feet for attention?

I think Diablo II has some problems like how people are finding ways to get around the quests and stuff it makes the game kinda boarding they need make a Diablo III so that it is a lot harder and what not i think a lot people think that just beat it in fact it is not it is too have fun not be better then everyone else what do u guys think please post your opinions i want too know