xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Anybody Heard Of Full Sail?

Anybody heard of this school before? I'm starting there in November, but I've heard mixed reviews about it. I'm going there for their Show Production and Touring program, but they have a lot of computer-based programs also. If anybody has any feedback, that would be awesome, because I don't want to waste 50,000+ on a bad education.

I've heard of it before. Honestly I've done a lot of research into it and all but I decided not to take the "programming" route or anything that I had once planned.I decided instead to follow my dream of being in the FBI as a criminal profiler, but alas, that dream is slowly getting changed as well(I want to go the interrogator route now)Anyways, in terms of ratings for it....It's really hard to judge a school solely by what other people say. You have to consider that some are more "computer proficient" than you, some less. Some people may enjoy certain things, some may not. So the only good judgement is really that of yourself.I've had tons of things people told me I would like that I didn't, and the same thing goes the other way as well.Honestly if I had to go solely by what I've seen, have heard, and have read, I would say that it's a pretty decent college. But keep in mind that it is a "vocational school", meaning it's really not as good as going to an actual university.

I wanted to go there for college a few years ago to do video game design. It just cost too much for me, but I went to tour it anyways. They had state of the art equipment back in 2003 and it was a very "alternative" school. Lots of music, theatre geeky types. I had no doubt that people that went there gained valuable knowledge. It is also very close to Univ. of Central Florida in Orlando. I ended up going to Florida State, but like I said, in my opinion, I think it is a good college, just make sure you can't get the same education at a state university and get financial aid. Research what state schools offer and if it is something that only fullsail really offers then it might be worth what you pay.