xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Archangel_Baw

Ptsd (post Traumatic Stress Disorder) post your PSTD experiences info here

I have PTSD from a very serious accident my son and I were in 3 years ago and its very difficult to deal with if you are not in touch with others who suffer from the same disorder, regardless of how it came about. So this thread is for everyone trying to cope with any form of PTSD.

I have a lot of friends in the military who come back from Iraq or Afghanistan with PTS. It really is disappointing to see how it affects their lives and everybody around them. It's hard for them to deal with and it's hard for their family and friends too.

I will admit that I have a small dose of PTSD, usually it lasts a few days or sometimes a couple of weeks, if people here remember my long absences that I take from trap that is usually when I am in that mood. I usually let it runs its course and then I come back into perky old self. Of course the worse part about War PTSD, is that trying to talk to someone who wasn't there you feel as though they can't help you, however, I am not going to pay $2-300 to let some therapist tell me it will be ok, most of time it isn't. Even though I wasn't in the front lines, there were enough tragic events that I participated in to get my PTSD, but lucky for me though I don't have to go through the mind torture that the infantry, tankers, and even the drivers go through when they comeback. Although the suicide rate for soldiers coming back from tours in Iraq and Afghanistan is low, the ugly side comes out of soldiers when the pressure finally pops. The best example for that was that group of soldiers who killed that family, are paying for it by spending the rest of their lives in prison, and thats the thing with war it isn't supposed to be pretty but what can you do when evil people want power and control.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

You know Saint_Michael, I knew somehow that you were suffering from that form of PTSD, I just watched a TV show all about the war PTSD, that is the WORST kind, and although I didn't go through the war itself, I have endured the military training process which serves to de-sensitize us for the war. And that causes PTSD aswell. Ever since then, I haven't been able to 'fit in' to society like most people do. I'm always guarded, even in the supermarket. Told you I'm white bus special, hahaha but hey, NO ONE will ever steal my produce & get away with it:)Screw therapy, I've tried it, got diagnosed with a bunch of crap so they could pump me full of pills that made it worse. I weined myself off them. It was very hard to do.So far I've been accused of having depression, and I had to take effexor for over a year and that made it WORSE.and one ex of mine who was a control freak, told my doctor that he suspected I was bi-polar and had multiple personality disorder, (which is a load of crap), and tried to get them to shove lithium down my throat. Needless to say I left the idiot. He ended up stealing eveything I own, even drained my bank account, but its worth it to be rid of the loser.depression I definately have, but in all seriousness, all people get it at some point. The MPD is bs, and bi-polar is possible, i do have mood swings. But again, every human being does, so lithium is not my cup of tea.

Edited by Archangel_Baw (see edit history)

I know very well how is to go through PST. I've been there.
There are two sides brought into discussion so far: the neurologycal system and the feelings. Both are in very close conection.
Problems occur when our doctors, priests of modern medicine don't put these parts together. So they end up fix-ing your nerves or dealing with the emotional part only.
When they deal with the emotion, most of doctors would recomend you pills. (I would kindly sugest they should try those pills on themselves and see how they feel :|)
These pills contains chemicals wich inserted into your body affects the neurological inputs going inside and as well affecting your nervous center.

The ideea is basically corect. If you watch the human body as a structure made of building blocks, you can see what "brick" (organ, cell, nerves, hormons) is broken, take it out and replace the brick with a new one. If the body would be a static universe, that ideea probably would work.
Only, this model works only on paper. Reality overwhelmes most medics and so they keep inventing new remedies for diseases that are only the failure of their methods.

Anyway, Mantak Chia - Doctor, winner of the best chinese doctor award twice
He is teaching about balancing and controlling your emotion, about the mechanism of emotion and what hapends inside you. Tell me what do you think about him, and if you tried his sugested exercises.

Have a great journey everybody.
el inquilino

got diagnosed with a bunch of crap so they could pump me full of pills that made it worse. I weined myself off them. It was very hard to do.
So far I've been accused of having depression, and I had to take effexor for over a year and that made it WORSE.

and one ex of mine who was a control freak, told my doctor that he suspected I was bi-polar and had multiple personality disorder, (which is a load of crap), and tried to get them to shove lithium down my throat. But again, every human being does, so lithium is not my cup of tea.