xisto Community
Striker9099

What Can Cause Some Browsers Not To Load My Website?

Hey everybody, recently I have noticed that the site is going down (doesn't load) ALOT! I don't know what's wrong, I thought it's from the server or something but I don't think so. And sometimes it doesn't load on Firefox and/or Internet Explorer but it loads on Opera. When it doesn't load it gives me 502 error (server not available). So what's wrong and what should I do?

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Make your topic very specific. You wouldn't want to present your topic regarding Xisto hosting when in fact it's about browser related issue.

I can see your website with no problems I would suggest pinging your website and see if you get a 100% packet loss that means your ISP is not accepting the site for some reason, and also try going through a proxy site and see if it shows up there, if it does then it's your ISP thati s causing the problem. Also there have been no reported downtimes that I am aware of in the last few weeks as the servers have been pretty stable especially during the heats waves in the U.S.

I dont know exactly where the roblem is coming from. Right now, I am getting a 500 Error page anytime I try to view my Home Page. I cant say exactly what is hapening.

Striker, I can see your website without much ado. I think there'a nothing wrong with your website.

Someone should please do something about this.

Edited by odomike (see edit history)

Actually I've noticed myself that there is a little bit of downtime every now and then, more often recently. About once every other day or so it seems like the server goes down for about 30 seconds. It's not like that's a load of downtime, but It can be a pain in the but if you're messing with settings when it goes down. I've nearly given myself a heart attack a couple times thinking I've destroyed my site.

Another though does come to mind and I should have mention early, and that everyone knows the xisto servers are in the U.S and we have been getting some rather nasty heat last couple of months. Although, I wouldn't put it past me that there have some spammers, bad scripts, corrupted MySQL databases either. As for your website odo, I would check and see if the uni.cc/ domains are having any problems, and I know you know how to set up the NS1 and NS2 domain servers; check to verify that you have them set up properly as that could be the case for you.

Maybe also check your firewall, if it blocks the site's IP it will also not load on a browser.Had the same problem a few months ago as well, accidently blocked my site when it asked me to accept or not.Good luck

well I don't know but I don't think it's just my ISP that is causing the trouble. Usually when I find my website down (usually a Gateway error) I ask one of my friends to check if it is loading and at that time it doesn't for him/her as well!