xisto Community
DeM0nFiRe

Question On Free Hosting

Most all programming languages will work with the exception of ASP and ASP.NET. You can use JavaScript, HTML, JSP, TOMCAT, PHP, MySQL, TCL, and CSS. I'm not really sure what other programs are acceptable as I don't use that many and I don't know if other programs require special server needs. I don't think VBScript will work with the hosts here because they use Linux servers here and not Windows. Is there a specific language you are looking to see if it will work here?

Hi, I wanted to know what languages come with a free hosting acount. (Programming/mark-up languages)

I'm not quite sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but the main page on trap gives you a list of stuff you get in the free webhosting package. Hope this helps.

Obviously you can use HTML, CSS, XHTML, XML and all those similar sort of languages. As for server-side scripting, I know you can use PHP and Perl, and I think CGI stuff can be used. You also get MySQL databases, so SQL is supported, often along with PHP scripts. I haven't used anything other than those I have listed here, but I believe it covers pretty much everything. If you have something specific in mind you want to use then tell us and we'll see if we can find out if its supported.

Everything except JSP, ASP, TOMCAT can be used, so you can go nuts with html, xhtml, CSS, dhtml, CGI, PHP. Of course you can request JSP but you will have to give a real good reason, and since the hosting accounts are on a apache server you cannot run windows programming languages, such as ASP and .Net Framework.

Most all programming languages will work with the exception of ASP and ASP.NET. You can use JavaScript, HTML, JSP, TOMCAT, PHP, MySQL, TCL, and CSS. I'm not really sure what other programs are acceptable as I don't use that many and I don't know if other programs require special server needs. I don't think VBScript will work with the hosts here because they use Linux servers here and not Windows. Is there a specific language you are looking to see if it will work here?

Yes, actually. The language I really hope to be able to use is Ruby. Although, that may be a windows based language, I'm not sure.