xisto Community
shahrukhmalik3.142

How To Customize Your Windows Xp Some free and paid choices

There are many ways to customize XP.

1) Get Object Desktop:
This can be expensive if you buy it. These include:
- WindowsBlinds
- DesktopX
- Object Bar OR Object Dock (different software but with the same purpose)
- Cursor XP
- Login Studio
- Boot screen
- and some small utilities to switch themes

2) Change shell:
Set all of these and try'em (in order of preference) - only free ones:
- LiteStep
- Sharp Environment (a.k.a. SharpE)
- Xoblite
- Talisman

3) Combination:
Get these software:
- LiteStep
- WindowsBlinds
- Google Desktop
- Rocket Dock
- Cursor XP
- Samurize
- Windows FX
- any good graphics editing software to create custom graphics

Use Google to find the latest versions: https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl

Notice from serverph:
mostly plagiarized from source below.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, you only listed some Windows Xp tweaking softwares in there. What you should have done is to give a tutorial on how to use al them softwares you listed in there.Personally, I have used some the above mentioned softwares and I kinda didn't like them. Yea, I know that they give some new and stylish graphical interfaces, but at the same time, they also eat up your system resources, especially your RAM.You can still go ahead and use those if your have a good amount of RAM on your system to play around with n if you aint running ystem resources consuming databases like me.

I agree. Came here for the same thing - a step-by-step guide or something of the sort. Anyone got any idea how to change the boot up song on windows xp as well as the loading windows xp screen on boot up to a custom image or GIF?

thanks; I'm using Vista Transformation Pack and I like my desktop to be simple ...

Do you think customize your desktop is a good idea. I am talking about PC like mine [if it is Low configuration] have RAM of 256 and blah blah .... I am sure it will speed down your PC. So my suggestion is do not do it and get the best performance from your PC./Have a nice day