xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Trap17 Goes Flickr, Come Share You're Photos And Discussions flickr.com/groups/trap/

Do you already have a flickr account?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well almost two days ago I stumbled across Flickr and decided that since I've seen it before and I had the time, I would join. Y'know what? It's great! Note Flickr relies on a yahoo account! if you already have a yahoo email, thats great! all you'll have to do is choose a username and your'e away.. if not it's still pretty easy (contrary to popular opinion :P)

This made me remember the Xisto effort on a Myspace & Orkut that never really took off.

Well I think the trap, instead of just being a forum with loads of writing, could really benefit from having a photo pool and discussions around that where people can put up anything they like, pics from a party, trip, cool things they've found or just decent pics and from there the group would take off :P

https://www.flickr.com/browser/upgrade/?continue=%2Fgroups%2Ftrap%2F%3Frb%3D1

Currently it's an open invite group, so you're free to just make a flickr account (free) and then just go there and join the group.

*Moderators on this forum are trustworthy, and hence would be granted moderator rights in the flickr trap group!

Thanks... Let's get it going!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Okay, I voted no in this case because I fail to see the significance of actually joining a Trap flickr group. Just think about it for a second. There are so many members in Xisto (Xisto - Web Hosting or not), easily a thousand if you ask me. I would not know 90% of the members here, and then I join this group, looking at this member's pictures whom I do not know even existed. On top of all that, if every member would upload 10+ photos, imagine how many pages we would have to look through. This idea is not very feasible if you ask me. But you are free to change my opinion. :P

Hmm you make the point everyone would probably come up with, and it's a good one...Here comes my turnaround... :P But the fact is many of the groups on flickr have 10,000+ photos in them. The point would be the photos would be spotted as they come in so they're in most recent order.And I don't think every member would upload 10 pictures, or at least all in one day or possibly week. It would be spread out... so people would get a good look.The group will be open if anyone wants to join!

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Okay, you might be right in 1 way. Lets estimate 40 members out of 1000 upload 2 pictures a day, it would still be 80 pictures. And still the problem of looking at pictures uploaded by members you do not know, I don't see the reason. If there are too many pictures, then there comes the problem of actually missing them, since for sure nobody would want to keep on clicking the next page link.For me, there isn't the pull factor to draw me into joining. Just my 2 cents though.

Okay, That's okay :PWell I don't mind if it's not what people want to do... just an idea.Of course, the earliest members won't run into this problem!!!!!!! At the moment there's 1 picture, an it's a funny one :P

Made myself member, as good example :P am glad I allready had some yahoo account, am still figuring out how to change my info.I wonder how many from T17 will come as well

Made myself member, as good example :P

haha thanks Horus, that's the spirit!! It's slightly confusing at first, but it all looks shiny and slick whatever you're trying to do :P I guess that takes the pain outta learning :P Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)