xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvalkass

Recommend A Chair An odd topic, I know...

I am soon to have an entire room to myself in my house :P I have decided to treat myself to a decent chair to use while sat at my desk, using my laptop, that sort of stuff. So, what I'm looking for are recommendations on what chair to get. I'm looking for one with all the "features" (gas lift, arm rests, tilting, etc) and am just wondering if anyone has any particular chairs to recommend.Before you mention it, yes I know this is a weird and slightly dull topic :P

I have to say this is one of the weirdest topics I've seen. :P I'm no "chair expert", but I think you should just look around and try them all out and see which ones feel the best to you. Some people like leather chairs, some like more firm ones, it just all depends. It also depends on how much you are willing to spend.

Like the corny guy mentioned, you might want to set a price, then look around in that price range. Surprisingly, office chairs can be quite expensive, and those "ergonomic" chairs that are supposed to help support your back and stuff can run into the thousands of dollars. Pay attention to how you sit in your chair now and what makes you feel most comfortable. I find arm rests annoying at times, so if I finally decide to buy an office chair, I would rather it not have arm rests or look for a really wide chair so the arm rests aren't close and I can curl up in the chair with my feet tucked under me. It's definitely bad posture and horrible for my back, but it's how I always end up sitting. You definitely want to sit in the chair before buying it. Then think about style. Leather looks great, but it can get sticky during hot summers or long hours of sitting in front of the computer. Most manufacturers these days can upholster the chair in any fabric you want, even pink leopard print, so that's usually not an issue.

Just as a side note, here's a bit of fun about a comfy chair from the genius that is Monty Python...

Hidden

Ximinez: Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Fang (terrified): The...Comfy Chair?

(Biggles pushes in a comfy chair -- a really plush one)

Ximinez: So you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions. Well, we shall see. Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair!

(They roughly push her into the Comfy Chair)

Ximinez (with a cruel leer): Now -- you will stay in the Comfy Chair until lunch time, with only a cup of coffee at eleven. (aside) Is that really all it is?

Biggles: Yes, lord.

Ximinez: I see. I suppose we make it worse by shouting a lot, do we? (shouting) Confess, woman. Confess! Confess! Confess! Confess!

Hi,

I do not think that this topic is dull, I actually think that it is a good thing that you opened this topic for yourself and for the future members in case they too have their doubts :P

Anyway back to the topic, I would suggest like the others to fix a price and buy yourself a chair. I also recommend that you buy an office chair whose height can be adjusted so that you do not have any problems when working. Pick a chair that has a proper back support like the shape of our backbone i.e a sort of an upside down "S".

I found this website where you can get all the information on the right kind of a chair :P

Remember that even if it stretches your budget a bit, it is alright for you are making an investment for your health for if you do not get the right chair then you might end up bending your backbone.

Hope it helps :P and best of luck

P.S Congratulations on getting your new room