xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mandyyx

Nintendo Wii : Is It Worth Buying?

I've played Wii twice: once I played Need for Speed (Carbon I think) and I got to say that I was stunned by that way of steering. It was a cool feeling.But when I played some tennis I wondered how you can develope such a bad game nowadays^^ The graphics was laughable and I wondered what the developers wanted to be the exciting element...However, I'll never buy a console and especially the Wii is not worth the few money I got. I'd rather upgrade my PC and buy some rts games :P

Well I love the wii. Yes the graphics aren't the best on some games.

Besides themain point of the wii was to revolutionize gaming.

Wii sports is a demo game of the sort so yes it won't have good graphics.

Now on lets say Red Steel the controls are kind of clunky.

It takes some getting used to. But once you are used to the controls it is one of the best shooter games ever.

And recently they came out with the balance board (for snowboarding, skating, etc.)

And the wii Zapper.

The wii zapper is for shooting games.

Plus, you can buy classic games which are awesome.

Wii is like many of you replying in this thread, not a system unit revolution!
It is a control revolution, by making games more interactive and fun!

Well, I think that would depend on what type of gamer you are and what games you like to play.

My cousine Tuomas (who are detailfreak and owns a xbox 360) first look at my new invested Wii, didnt impressed him
at all. He didnt liked what he saw nor wanted to test wii sports, to find out for himself.
He only said it looked poor and childish, maybe more enjoyible for the youngsters!
In comparison for me who was overwhelmed by the features.
I bought a Xbox, 2004, and my best friend had a PS2, and i thought that next console i purchase must be something new.
It doesnt mattered if the graphic didnt took me by suprise, or if the manufacturer were some other than the big companies
like Sony or Microsoft.
Today when i look back to that day in the store, where i bought my Wii console, I havent regret one single day that I choosed
Wii console as my next gen console choice.

It is worth buying, and its a perfect party console to kill time with your friends or family.

Yes, it is.I've only played on one before, but I was extremely impressed at it. It left me feeling really happy. It was funny to play and I also felt a bit worn out after getting exercise.

It's worth it. It can be really fun in a sword or shooting game because your not just sitting on the couch pressing buttons, you actually get to control your character easily. Also, in some games you can actually break a sweat if you play it long enough because fo all the movement!

Nintendo Wii is worth it though,it doest however mean that others are not good as well just like xbox360 and playstation.The one i bought at teknowholesale.com has been serving my needs efficiently.

Wii is definatly fun. Seriously, think about harry potter. Ya, I know really little kids game type kinda, but wii makes it at least a little more fun. Sick of those shooter games? wii makes it 10x more fun. Graphics suck, but its just like a work in motion, the first car didn't look to hot did it? No, its new technology being developed and used to where we can use it in our home. Think about it this way. The arcade games. So expansive for one game system of it, it can't be in your home, and way too big. They were made into games like atari's pong at home, playstation, gameboy, etc. Now, nintendo is bringing another classic so you can play, those shooting games that use motion sensor type stuff (you know what im talking about, those shooter type games in the restraunts and arcades), but nintendo brought it to the next level and put real motion stuff in it. Not just shooting, but bowling and etc. My friend and I did the math one day. Lets say it costs $10 to go bowling for one round. 10 rounds and you already paid for 1/3 of the price just about. Sure, the shoe rental and everything, but the wii can do so much more than bowling. Think of it this way, when you turn 21 you can make so easy games out of bowling and not worry about actually hurting yourself with the ball when your drunk. Like Strike everyone but you gots to take 2 sips, etc. (I could give more rules on it but I prefer not to as I think it may be against the rules). Really, only way you can actually decide if you want this system, is do you have a couple siblings? Preferably girls? Thats perfect, I don't mean to be sexiest but more girls will like wii games then xbox 360, just a fact. Otherwise, if you don't have siblings, do you have a lot of friends th at come over a lot? Wii is perfect for party games. Plus, super smash bros the brawl is coming out december 3rd!!!

I would think the Wii worth buying. I'm getting one soon, and I think it's AWESOME! It has a lot of my fave games on there.. AWESOME!!! :rolleyes:

I think it is definitely worth buying.It's combination of fun, innovation, and a large game library (343+ games) is unbeatable. I was going to get one for Christmas, but I had a computer failure so I need to replace that instead.

I bought one because I too like the way that it's different.I also like to swing my sword around on zelda, although PS3 has 6-axis control.. The Wii-mote actually performs like the object.I say go for it if you can wait a while for the good games to come out!

ok i have already gone through this myself and i did get onebenefits:wireless internetif your computer isnt working you can always count on the wii to get that internet searching done for youyou can buy all your old favorite classic games without the mess of changing cartrigeswii slideshow allows you to proudly display your pictures on the tv and or output diviceaffordable and the games remain at 50$ for a new game where as the ps3 and xbox360 are 60-70$revolutionary ideas moving away from that old im gonna hold 1 controler thingcomes with a very fun game makes games more exiting zelda ect...you dont have to worry about getting a wii memory card you can just use a standard SD cardMii channel is hillarious can make millions of charactars including jesus!!! =oNot benefits:in order to have wii friends you have to put in some big complicated numberonly wireless controllerseveryones favorite games arent nintendo Halo. call of duty ect.no java script for internet channelhave to purchase internet channel (only 5$)obviously the benefits outweigh the not benefits so i say why not get one =pi love my wii and would never give it up for anything i also bought a charger that can charge up to 2 remotes at 1 time for 20$so go ahead its only 250$ go for it.

I say it's worth it if you like to play video games. Good luck finding one, though.All these Wii "problems" with the wrist strap breaking and all that... not only has Nintendo reequipped the Wii-motes with new, more durable ones, but why the heck are people letting go of the darn thing anyway? C'mon now, people... it's not really a problem with the Wii. PEBKAC... or in this case, it's a bio-interface problem. :rolleyes: The only problem that I would find with the Wii is the fact that you can get carried away... which might be the reason why people are being retarded and literally throwing their controllers at their TVs. You also need a lot of space in front of your TV as you'll be getting up to play games like Wii Sports and Rayman: Raving Rabbids, but there are more passive games like The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.In my opinion, the Wii is a clear winner over the other two other consoles in terms of fun and value. It's a new way to play video games, throwing a whole new level of interactivity into the mix. The Wii isn't just for party games, or strictly for gamers, or just one person. It's for everyone. Literally. There are games like Mario Party and Warioware and Raving Rabbids for multiplayer fun; Zelda and Super Paper Mario for solo play; and there is enough of a game library to appeal to all ages and audiences. Just the Wii Sports bundle is probably enough to keep a family entertained for a while.To look back on what it would cost you: $250 for the console, plus $60 for each Wii-Mote/Nunchuk controller combo and $50 for most games... which does come out to be pretty expensive if you go all out, but it still beats the Xbox 360 ($300-400) and definitely the PS3 ($500-600) when it comes to gaming value. Not to mention that you have the Virtual Console, which allows you to purchase and play games for the Genesis, the TurboGrafx, the NES, SNES, and N64... basically most past consoles, if you want to go back to playing the classics. It is also backwards compatible with GameCube games.If you're going to get one, good luck. I believe there will be a restock in late November or early December or sometime around there to cope with the holiday demand, but they won't be letting them go for less than $500 since they want to bundle it with controllers and a ton of games... but that's if you want to shop online. Try to hit up your local Best Buy or Walmart after knowing the restock date.

150 bucks for an enteractive game system? Yeah I'd say it was worth the money..... It is so much more different than all the other game systems out there, and that alone makes it a good buy and totally worth it!

the wii is totally worth buying. its far more innovative then any other system on the market.and you could wait a long time for the ps3 price to drop. ive actually heard its not going to drop at all because the system should be selling for about $1000 instead of the $600 it is. so theyre selling at a loss. or so ive heard. either way, ill be greatly surprised if the price drops.

Of course it is worth buying. Shigeru helped design it. It has taken gaming to an all new level. In Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess you can feel as if your actually holding link's sword. You actually do the motions of the characters as you play the games. Its the console of some of the best games ever. Such as Bleach: Shattered Blade and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Also the amazing thing is that if you throw the remote through the TV it stays intact so its virtually indestructible.