xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lyubomyr

Orange Political Revolution In Ukraine Yushchenko

To begin with I want to say that I?m taking part in it that?s why I?m out of forum?s life now but you understand I have to fight for my country, democracy, non-criminal power & finally normal life. You probably have heard about situation in Ukraine now (after president elections). Criminal power with their candidat Viktor Yanukovych has showed people that in the 2nd tour won Yanukovych with result in 49%. The biggest part of Ukrainian people hates president Kuchma, criminal power and the way of life they were living so everybody knew that oppositioner Viktor Yushchenko would win! Central Elections Commision took part in the anti-Ukrainian crime and agreed that Yanukovych : Yushchenko = 49% : 46% - it?s lie!!! So immediately after that opposition occupied central Kyiv square ? Independence Square where 1,5 millions from all Ukraine are striking now, me too. Students don?t go to the universities like me? he.he? We blocked Ukrainian parliament, House of Ministers, House of President and central Kyiv street ? Khreshchatyk. We have orange color on our clothes coz?it?s Yushchenko?s color. So I?m interesting to know what televison all over the world is talking about Ukraine and what do you think about Putin's position on this problem?

In canada, the situation is reported by the news as Yushchenko being the victim. And it's gonna be east vs west again. Some even referring to a "chilled" war. Because russia wants Yanukovych, who is partial to russia, and the west wants Yushchenko, who is partial to the west. Basically, russia feels they will lose control of ukraine if Yushchenko is elected.The Ukraine elections reminds me a little about the US elections 4 years ago when Bush was declared the winner. People didn't agree with the decision because there were so many votes from minorities that were not counted (who were mostly Gore supporters). In the US, the decision went to the supreme court but because the supreme court was full of bush sr. friends, they gave a favorable decision to bush jr. Unfair elections happen in the west too. Although it may not be as bad as the situation in the ukraine. Atleast, the ukraine people were able to force a new election... something the american people couldn't do.

the sit is reported (i think) as it is in real life

i live like 250 km from ukraine

so u got my full support

keep it up

*BLEEP* putin and his politics

freedom of life not only speach sould be available everywhere

Good on you, people power will always prevail no matrter what the government chooses. Try and think of World Politics as a "play" in which the actors are the politicians. The stage that the supported (by a "superpower") politicians are on, is lit up VERY brightly, and to the side, there is a small stage with the "unsupported" politicians, the less traditional leaders, the ones that the people like. This stage is poorly lit, the stage is smuggled into the dark and all the people are forced towards the light of the center stage. Then there are people like you, who do say NO, I am not going to be drawn to the "light" stage, I will watch the play I want to see, slowly people will follow, becoming brave enough to access the less traditional version of politics.When you are protesting many politicians will say one voice won't make a difference, but it will, look at people like Ghandi, Nelson Mandela and many other "movers", they moved and made a difference. Anyone can move, anyone can make a difference, and if you keep it up, you will make a difference!The problem is, organisations like Hamas and other terrorist organisations use violence, remember that your weapon is your voice, not a gun, make a peaceful change, and then you will always have the moral high gound.P.S. I know this reply is a bit delayed, BUT this information applies for anything, "move" and make a difference!