xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Hearing Things? The Dreaded Pokemon Torture

Has anyone here ever heard anything? I have just yesterday and the three days before I have been hearing things. First me and a my two cousins were really bored and found some old Blue and Red versions of pokemon. So we started to play. Then after playing for litterally 5:00 in the afternoon untill like 6:00 Am we crashed. I woke up then hours later my other cousins woke up. I have to first say to people who have never played any of the games that there are many sounds, songs, and gingles in this game. I started hearing the music. Now it was not in my head but actually I was hearing it from somewhere! So I gather up all of the gameboys and gameboy advances and they are all off. I was freaking out for hours hearing sounds of pokemon attacking and some dieing. And I mean these were the exact sounds! So then I say that i am hearing things to my cousin Collin. And he is like ok. And then a hour later he starts hearing it so we start flipping out. Im swearing like crazy saying what is going on here what is this! So then we stop hearing it. Then it starts up again. Then we learn that we can only hear it when we hear other sounds. So we turn everything off. So it continues for a few more days then today when I woke up it stopped and I am now releved what is this? What am I feeling I would like to know.Has this happened to anyone else?

Wow that's never happened to me. I get the little songs and gingles in my head, but not actually hear it after the game is off. I've heard of kids getting nightmares from the games, though.Maybe it's a (how can I word this?). Maybe your mind is amplifying the songs and sounds from memory, so it makes you think you can actually hear it. I have no idea. I'm not an expert on these kinds of things. lol I hope it helped in some way, if at all possible.

Maybe you've played long enough, that your brain keeps hearing those melodies, that they are used to it.Your ears might react to that and you can hear those sounds.Otherwise you have a pokemon-addicted ghost hanging around :D

:P Yea Luckily they stopped though. It may sound sort of funny but ut was really torture after a while. It was like over and over again. They were getting so annoying but it stopped. :P And no I am not crazy :D

I know how you feel for I had one of those experiences in my life. 2 actually :1. Me, my dad and my bro once had a gaming frenzy and ended up playing the whole day from morning 9 to evening 6. Me and my bro continued up to the night and slept late. The next day I could hear those IRRITATING Jingles along with the beeps faintly in my head. It was amusing for I had background music when talking to a person, thankfully though because the volume was low I stopped hearing the sounds after 2 or 3 hours.2. My boyfriend, boss and me have phone calls constantly throughout the day so I hear either my ringtone or my bosses in the daytime. The other day me and my boyfriend were watching some movies, I heard his phone ring so I told him to check where it was as the sound was quite faint. He reaches inside his pants and shows me that there was no phone call. This has happened to me quite a few times, even when I am with my boss :PI guess you are so used to the sound that your brain registers it and does not forget it. :D

This might sound crazy but I have dreams that actually happen. One time I dreamed that we were run off the road on interstate by some car, and we spun out going across the highway. A semi was coming and we were hit on the side. Me and my mother died. Then sure enough about a week later it happened, except the semi didn't hit us and nobody died.

Lots of kids have it, dont worry its pretty normal. :XD: Just take a couple of breaks and play soccer for a little or listen to birds chirping and such. Go out and get ice cream! I remember when I was younger I had the same. Sometimes I can still remember the tunes, but they dont get stuck in my head. I can remember some of the sounds though: the game Banjo Kazooie for Nintendo 64... We used to play it SOOOO much. I still remember how he said he went "Yahup!" sort of... Remember, in most N64 games the characters don't talk: they type and make weird noises :) Sort of amusing. Hope the sounds stay away: good luck.