xisto Community
Mich

Shoutbox Not Showing In Netscape Navigator What do I do?

I am running Netscape Navigator 7.0 and for some reason the shoutbox module here at Trap 17 is not coming up properly.

This is what I get

Posted Image

The side panel module doesn't appear either in the edit/post mode that I am using right now.

Me thinks it may have something to do with java script. I do have it enabled in preferences/advanced.

Can somebody tell me where to go and what to do to correct this?

Java and Javascript must be enabled for the Netscape browser. Consequently, the new shoutbox was designed primarily for Firefox. This cannot be controlled by Xisto for the author (programmer) of Shoutbox (Dean) mainly concentrated the compatibility for Firefox.However, by the looks of the screen shot provided it looks like the forum and your browser failed to synchronize correctly. I get the similar "blank" look of the shoutbox when my browser (Firefox) is behind a firewall, failed to accept proper cookie sessions, or when my internet connection is "slow."Try at different time when accessing this forum. Try refreshing as well. When all fails try it with different browser. This can tell us if it's a browser or something else's the problem.

I am viewing your post with Netscape navigator 9.0b n everything is showing fine. I would recommend you update your browser n also enable cookies n make sure your have java runtime environment installed in your computer so you can view java enabled web pages.

You can download the JRE6U1 from https://www.oracle.com/sun/index.html

Edited by odomike (see edit history)

Thanks for the input guys. I am using Zone Alarm and my server said something about Modzilla. It might be that things are not synchronized as you have said Buff. I will not be able to upgrade my Navigator as I am still using Windows 98. I can see everything just fine in iExplorer, so will stick with it for now. I am having trouble accessing Paypal using iExplorer for some reason, it crashes at that site. That is why I switch over and us Navigator on occasion. I will be so glad when I get a new puter and OS, but will have to struggle along for now with what I have. :P

BTW: I get a warning that the shoutbox is "not defined" in the JavaScriptConsole window of Navigator. Whatever this means.