xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mermaid711

Where To Go If You're Visiting Galveston Tx.

So recently my family drove down to galveston for our second vacation this year. I didn't spend quite as much time playing the Gulf of Mexico as i normaly would have, on account of a news report that said there was a flesh eating virus in the water, :P but it was cleared up so no need to worry, unless you are diabetic, have a weakend immunity, or have large ulcers, or open soars on your feet.But anyways, I'll share with you some of what i did :DI was a little pissed off because my all-time favorite restuaunt in Galveston was replaced with a gosh darn Hooters :D (thanks to that damn imminate domain :o or they weren't paying their taxes) but let's save that for the vent :DLets start of food. I will list the restuants in the order i ate at them.Shrimp and Stuff- I'll give it three out of five stars. It's a little hole-in-the-wall place, the food isn't anything special, but it's a good place to go to if you just want to shut the kids up... The guy who owns the place is a tad creepy though :DKasey's- Owned by Guido's (the oldest reasturaunt in Galveston) The food is pretty good, but over priced. The portions are large, and the servic is good, but still, the food is over priced.Miller's Landing- A good place to go for breakfast. Their pancakesa are to DIE for! And, scince it sits right on the seawall, you have a nice ocean view, as long as you get a seat by the window. :( And it is very much like a dinner, scince breakfast isn't the only thing they serve. And service is pretty damn good, unless you get the cranky old lady :lol:im The Mediteranian Chef- A very delicious Greek resturaunt. The gyros are delicious, and the atmosphere is excelent. I believe it is family owned and operated, scince everybody who works there is greek. Service is good.Fisherman's Warf- Nothing special. A Landry's subsidiary and chain. Food and service are good, but it is way overpriced. But if you feel like going there, be sure to try the angels on a horseback :o[Miller's Landing]The Cajun Greek- A good place for cheep food. Their gyros are good, not the best. They also sell crab for a good low price. It used to be a good place to after you came back from the beach, but now their trying to be "resturaunt-esque" which i don't like very much. But still a good place to eat :DSaltwater Grill- Five stars hands down. The atmosphere is like that of a New York cafe, but witha Gulf of Mexico twist. The service? Excellent. The food? Delicious. I ordered the seared (yes i eat raw/ semi raw fish) yellow fin tuna, and the apple cider salad. The seared tuna was good, it came with wissabi (well wissabi mixed with something, anyways :D) and asian slaw, and tomato and lemon. But the apple cider salad.. it was something else! It was delicious! What it was made of were various greens, carrots, grilled apple, candied pecans, and an apple cider vinnegerette. It almost tasted like candy. Man it was so good :D you have to visit this one. You MUST!!!Speculoos- Instead of going to Miller's for breakfast, we decided to try this french pasterie and cafe resturaunt. The chocolate scones and sticky buns are very delicious :P but should you want something more hardy and filling, the have many options, such as the philly cheese stake pasterie, and the breakfast crissont. And the guys who owns the place is funny.Beno's- A good place to go after you go to the beach. Delicious cajun food. Awsome poboy sandwiches. Decent service. Located right on the seawall.The Original Mexican Cafe- Very good authentic mexican food. Awsome atmosphere. But the whole experience was sort of ruined for me, because these MORONS decided o have a birthday party there for a daughter of thers, so there tons of kids running around and screaming, and their parents weren't doing ANYTHING about it :P but of course, we just HAD to be seated in the same room, only two tables awya... I guess i can talk about that one in the vent too :D[speculoos]Then on our way back home, we drove up into Kemah (Which was a bust because it was raining, and all of the fun rides were closed :D) and ate at the Aquarium. Aquarium-This is the place to go if you going for atmosphere. The havy tons of HUGE fish tanks, lots of fish, and if you're lucky, you just might see a dive go down into a tank like we did. But if you dont feel like driving around in Kemah, there is one of these restuarunts in Houston, too. The food is delicious, just over priced. The waitor we had was very nice and was always offering his help.Now for where to stay.This time around, we stayed at the tremont hotel, instead of the Galvez. It was a nice hotel, but i liked the Galvez better. The tremont does not have a pool, but since they ae both owned by the same hotel chain (Whyndam) you may use the pool at the Galvez, which might i add, has two hot tubs, and a swim up bar. :(Entertainment:There are tons of stors down town on the strand.There are many beaches, some of which you must pay to use, others which are free.Down town, there is this GYNORMOUS chess set, so we got bored of shopping and decided to play it. Just a word from the wise: Don't try and do it at mid-day. The heat and sun will kill you.We did this cool little dolphin watching tour thingy, and saw some dolphins :)and theres a whole lot more to do, i just cant think of it right now :PI'll post pics as soon as i become un lazy and upload them :P

Dolphin encounters

Where To Go If You're Visiting Galveston Tx.

I am trying to find a place to go where you can actuallu swim with the dolphins. If anyone knows of a place in Texas please let me know. Florida has them but that is to far to go rite now.

-question by Lori

thank you, i lived in baytown my whole life and i never really been to galveston...soon as they fix galveseton i'll try out those places.

Thats if they do rebuild. Ike really did a job on Galvestion and surrounding areas. I have some good friends that also live in baytown, it was 3 weeks before they got power back.