xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
simidisusa00

Acne & Accutane History, Side Effect And Legacy.

One of the most popular prescribed drug for treating acne is (Isotretinoin) Accutane. Although it has a pretty high success rate, there are many studies out that now claim

Accutane can cause very serious side effects.

Isotretinoin (the generic name for accutane) is used to treat the most severe and disfiguring cases of nodular acne. In the twenty years since accutane's release it has been

linked to numerous life threatening side effects. It has been the subject of many court cases and even a United States congressional hearing.

Over the last 20 years there have been countless lawsuits brought against LaRoche, the maker of accutane. Court papers list the reasons for these proceedings, mostly

brought about as a result of the side effects of the drug, including depression, suicide and birth defects.

Read more on information on the development, history and legacy of Accutane.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

that was a very good peice of information. thank you for that.am suffering from acne for a long time now. still i havn't found a suitable medicine or treatment to cure it. it is sometimes very embarrassed when i see myself in some of my photos. the whole beauty (:D) of my face is being covered by the ugliness of the presence of those acne.