xisto Community
renegade-designs

Warning*important Read*! about your computer getting hacked

hi first of all im sorry for makin the topic title so scary with caps lock,well this thing is about computer hackers...there is a program out there called prorat that is used for hacking computers and connecting to the host's computer remotely and controlling it,i have been hacked with this program by a freind and it was just a joke,but i have seen how someone might be able to do a lot of damage to your computer with this stuff,while i was being hacked my friend sent me messages sayin my computer is guna crash and stuff like error 404 and stuff,he used to open my cd rom and turn on my webcam,he could fully control my computer,this hacking program used can be detected by norton antivirus 2003,2004,and pro.It all starts when sumone sends you a file with a virus attached to it through email,msn,yahoo or anyother chat program or mail.The hacker can then remotely connect to your computer anytime and do whatever he wants with it,just a reminder i spent 5 minutes typing this so that you can guys can stay afe and kno how easy it is getting hacked be careful :D

lol i've heard of the program before, but it's a bit crap since they have to send u a file first... so it's not a very good hack. btw, so u don't have to be in a network for the person to hack? cos the last time i heard of it, it was about hacking people that are only in ur LAN

You cannot be hacked unless u got an open port. So i guess open ports must be avoided *unused ones*.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is not true if, like in this case, you've got a trojan on your computer. the trojan program can open as many ports as it wants to. That's why they are so dangerous. But, if the hacker is trying to gain access without the benefit of a trojan, then it will be more difficult if ports are closed.

this is not true if, like in this case, you've got a trojan on your computer.  the trojan program can open as many ports as it wants to.  That's why they are so dangerous.  But, if the hacker is trying to gain access without the benefit of a trojan, then it will be more difficult if ports are closed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

trojan cant modify the router settings use router!

There called Trojans and theres lots of them. The big one is Sub7. But there very easy to avoid. With simple programs that let you control ports and net conections (something windows should really let you do) You can block and get rid of any unwanted conections.But anyway its not that hard to stay safe, just becareful what you download.

But anyway its not that hard to stay safe, just becareful what you download.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, just be EXTREMELY carefull what you download, and what You open.

Also, wach out for double extension files, something that looks like picture.jpg.exe, 'cause windows hides true extension, you'll see picture.jpg, double click it, and voila, you successfuly installed a virus. And a firewall, or a router, is a MUST! First month I was on the internet, I didn't have firewall. I thought I was gone go crazy. Every 15 or 20 minutes, someone would crash my computer, with rpm overflow attack. And so you watch the countdown utill restart. Not pretty.

I installed WRQ's AtGuard, and am more than happy with it. It shows every connection made, even localhost to localhost, and gives you ability to terminate it. Also, you can create different rules for different programs, or ports, TCP or UDP, that can be active at different times of day. It also prompts you for action if some program tries to access internet, and you don't have a rule set up. Truly, a masterpiece. I guess I understand why Norton bought it ;)

I think im getting hacked,coz i keep getting messages in a window thw windows title is 'messenger service'and it gives me messages that my computer has 10 computer programs installed and that i should go to a website and buy this thing ,they keep coming up all the time and with a random message and with a kind of picture made with text in the side,pictures made with text like this^ ^0 0 ' @but more better pictures and they alwys tell me to go to a website and buy a program,i think this is spyware but i have adaware installed and its updated all the time and running everytime and i scan my computer for spyware evry week,and this thing still doesnt go away.Also my computer keeps crashing randomly atleast once in a week.And also sumtimes my desktop and everything disappears and the only thing i see is the wallpaper and i cant click anything can anybudy help me plz ;)

I think im getting hacked,coz i keep getting messages in a window  thw windows title is 'messenger service'

and it gives me messages that my computer has 10 computer programs installed and that i should go to a website and buy this thing ,they keep coming up all the time and with a random message and with a kind of picture made with text in the side,pictures made with text ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is new kind of spyware, they use windows messenger service to send spam messages to range of IP's... What you should do, is turn of messenger service... or tell your firewall to block all incoming messages on that port... I can't remember what port number is, but turning that service off completely will stop those messages. This will also prevent all administrative messages as well, but if you are not on LAN, this is not a problem... PM me if you need further help

This "attack" is not tied to Windows or MSN messenger, it is integral part of Windows! Uninstalling any of these programs will not prevent this security hole!