xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GamerGlitch

Fed Up With Microsoft Xbox 360 And Xbox Live Account Microsoft :(

I love the Xbox 360, however, I have had some disputable problems with it and with Microsoft. The first problem I had with Microsoft was when I was banned. Now, I probably did deserve this ban, because I was tampering with games online, and glitching, which is a way of cheating. However, I got over this ban, and continued playing. Not long after my second problem occurred. My Xbox stopped working, it could not read the discs any more. I called Microsoft and surprisingly to me the Xbox was still under warranty (it was surprising because I got it refurbished off of another website). So, when a box came to my door a few days after making the call to Microsoft I put my Xbox in it and sent it packing. It was repaired and a week later I received it, it worked, god job Microsoft. However, just a few days ago is when my third problem occurred. I was on Xbox and then a few moment later I was signed off. What the you know what is what I was thinking at the time. I signed back in to get a message something like this: "Your account has been banned form Xbox Live for 1 day, also you must change your Gamertag." This really angered me, I had to pay for my gamertag, it was BenDidYourMom, and they accepted it in the system. So why make me change it now, why? So I changed it to BenNeedsTalent, really stupid, I know, but oh well I was over that. So I got on Xbox the next day, I was unbanned and I noticed I could not hear any one or talk to any one. I could not send messaged over Xbox Live, or have Private Chats with people. What was this? And then I got a nifty little message on Live saying my Communications would be banned for another day. Wow! Thank you again Microsoft. So not only was I given a faulty Xbox, I was also banned twice from the services on Live. I really don;t think any of this should happen when I pay $50 a year for Xbox Live Service and a n additional $400 for the Xbox 360 system and games. Are any of you guys having problems like this with Microsoft concerning the Xbox 360? I know many other people are experiencing a problem known as the three red Rings of Doom, where three red rings appear on your Xbox, and it fails completely, unusable ever again and problems with the Xbox scratching the game discs you put inside it. I would appreciate feedback, I am fed up!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please use details when naming the topic title. Changed.

Well you obviously know why you were banned and had the first problem and that's your fault, but as for the Xbox breaking down, if you bought it refurbished, they had to fix something on it anyway. Someone may have broken it in the first place because it must have been restored. That's partly the problem with new systems, despite all tests, things still tend to go wrong with them. As for the name, it may be inappropriate but they accepted it in the first place so it shouldn't have been a problem. But maybe they should have warned you before they went and banned you to give you a chance to change the name before you would be banned and if you didn't comply then I can see why they banned you. Only other reason I can think of is, something in the Terms and Conditions of Xbox Live you accept that if you have a disrespectful name or whatever then the consequences will be a day ban and two days of communications ban. I don't know if this is true but I'd go and reread them to find out.

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, even if you're paying for a service you're still bound to the "terms and conditions" which everyone should read but nobody does. So, if, like Plenoptic says, that means temporary banning, it's your fault for not knowing what the consequences would be. Also, BenDidYourMom isn't funny at all, I mean, why choose such an immature name in the first place. Just grow up a bit and choose something more fitting like, say, GamerGlitch, or more cool like, say, cangor. :D

My 360 broke down only a couple of months after I bought it on ebay. Called up microsoft, sent it away and had it back a week later in great condition and with a free month of live. At the end of the month I decided to sell it for financial reasons but I'm definetly missing it.Long live the 360 & xbox live!

Wow that really sounds like you didn't have a very fun time with your Xbox 360. I personally have one and I like it. I enjoy playing things like Oblivion and on the occassion Halo. Though the bannings weren't really a problem with the Xbox 360. Xbox Live did ban you for a legit reason, and you did accept it which was a good thing. As for changing your name people probably find that offensive in some way. You can't really have names like that anymore because it seems if one person is offended than just about everyone is. At least according to the company. Though at least you got over that as well. As for your Xbox breaking down that really sucks. I know that my Xbox actually broke down too and I actually just shipped it in yesterday for repairs. So hopfully that will work out all right. Though like I said the bans were kind of on you and wasn't really a problem with the Xbox. So maybe you should just think of it as a "Well that sucked but oh well" situation haha. Instead of putting it in your pile of "Why Xbox is frustrating". I know that I find the Wii's selection screen a little annoying because half the time I click the wrong thing or I can't find my cursor. But its just an "oh well" to me.Just a little helpful tip that might make you enjoy your Xbox 360 a little more rather than being frustrated by it. And again, it's still a new system so as for your console breaking down that sucks but its bound to happen. I know that the PS3 and Wii I'm sure have their share of problems. No I can't name any right off the bat but just an assumption. I personally have not had any problems with Xbox Live and I don't think I ever will long as if you just play smart and don't do anything might be against the Rules of Condec. As for discs scratching? No I don't have discs scratch for no reason, however one did scratch when my brother had the Xbox on and he accidently knocked it over and scratched it up really bad because the disc shifted. But that is understandable. Other than that, no I haven't had a problem at all with it. And as for the red lights of death? Like I said above, its a new console, and a very expensive piece of equipment at that. All the new generation consoles are trying to bring out new technology so there will be kinks and bugs to go along with it. The rings usually just appear with the "old" Xbox 360s, the ones people bought that JUST came out. But same happened to the PS2. The consoles that just came out had a problem playing discs that were made later on because they could not read them. Anyway, I hope that you try to look at your Xbox 360 and Xbox Live a little more positively but I can understand if you don't. Better luck to you.-Jester