xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Better Compress Files In Winrar

How to better compress files in winrar

As you know Winrar is more popular and powerful than other compressor softwares. To better compress your files and folders follow below steps:

1- Right click on your file and select "Add to archive?" from context menu. A dialog box will appear.

2- In General tab and in "Compression Method" dropdown menu, select "Best".

3- Click on Advanced tab and then click on "Compression" botton. Advanced Compression Parameters dialog box will appear.

4- In Text Compression section select Force and in Prediction Order type 63 and in Memory to use type 128. Then click Ok twice.

This method will compress files 10% more than normal method

Hey, that's a pretty useful yet simple tutorial. Great job. However, wouldn't you rather just use 7-zip? The 7z format's compression is superior to anything else I've seen. I also like how the program doesn't seem as cluttered as other archiving programs I've tried. But I understand that WinRAR is more popular. I don't mind WinRAR too much. But again, great tutorial; keep it up! :D

Most compressing software is KGB Archiever. It can compress some 100 MB to 10 KB (Note the K and M!).However to use such extent of compression, you will need a fast computer and lots of uninterrupted power.I downloaded a 60KB file and uncompressed it to become 623MB. And it took me 13 hours to do so. Also, I had to suffer power surges and had to restart after about 70% done.And to compress to this extent, you will need about 2GB RAM (not very common) but sometimes it works with 1GB.

This is a great tutorial. I seem to have some hardware problems with my computer because it randomly restarts so I'm going to start backing up my files. This will help a lot for compressing them before moving them because I can only put them on my other computer which has enough stuff on there already. As for KGB Archiver, I don't think it really works that well unless you have a lot of text documents but I have that as well as WinZip too for all file types. :P

Most compressing software is KGB Archiever. It can compress some 100 MB to 10 KB (Note the K and M!).However to use such extent of compression, you will need a fast computer and lots of uninterrupted power.

I downloaded a 60KB file and uncompressed it to become 623MB. And it took me 13 hours to do so. Also, I had to suffer power surges and had to restart after about 70% done.
And to compress to this extent, you will need about 2GB RAM (not very common) but sometimes it works with 1GB.

I tried it, it's damn good, but slow... Most of times one doesn't need such commpression.
There's also WinRK (for Windows), quite good, too.

That's good but just a small comment that if you did all this you must have a good Ram because its gonna take 128 MB from the ram and also another comment that this will also take much more time to compress and also to extract (I tried this before) :P